News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Right stuff power disc conversion

Started by rikubot, December 08, 2016, 09:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikubot

Yeah sorry guys but I'm gonna beat this dead horse...

What do you guys think of the kit on the summit website?

Part number MDC62DC by Right Stuff.
'69 Charger, 440/727

303 Mopar

I think there are better quality parts out there, but this would work.  I think you can go crazy and spend $4000 if you want, or get something basic, or something better quality and still affordable.  I would suggest you call Cass at www.doctordiff.com.  He is a good guy that will not oversell you.  Even if you do not buy from him, he will give you straight forward advice.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

rikubot

I've heard this so many times whilst searching for disc conversion options. I think I'm gonna have to give him a call now. Thanks for responding. I will post up what he recommends to see what you think.

I find it both funny and awesome that our profile pictures are so similar lol
'69 Charger, 440/727

lincoln5o

I just got my kit from doctor diff for my 68. I'll let you know how it turns out. Also, I have no idea what I'm doing, so this should be fun.

rikubot

Wow we are on the same page. Good luck on it! What parts did you order from them?
'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

I had another question: are the 11.75 C-body pin style calipers and mounts the same as the Córdoba style parts that everyone recommends? My buddy Chad has a pair and the adapters as well I read that the discs won't work but that's ok. Seems I can get those anywhere.
'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

Also, does anyone know off the top of their head what bore diameter I will need? What master is appropriate for 11s, 11.75s?
'69 Charger, 440/727

c00nhunterjoe

I used this kit. Direct bolt on. Nothing to reuse, stops me without concern at 110 mph in the 1/4 with manual brakes and 1 foot on the pedal.

https://www.performanceonline.com/62-74-MOPAR-Chrysler-Dodge-Plymouth-Disc-Brake-Conversion-Kit-Stock-Spindles/

rikubot

Very nice. Great price too. I ended up going with a kit from Classic that is just about the same thing. The only differences were this one came with the pin style calipers, stainless braided hoses, and slotted/vented rotors. If you vouche that the 11s slow that monster down good enough then I will be very happy with them. I paid $485 including shipping for everything but the booster, master, and prop valve.
'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

Speaking of prop valves, I'm having a heck of a hard time confirming what kind to match with the disc/drum setup. I will need a different on than the one I'm running, right?
'69 Charger, 440/727

c00nhunterjoe

I am not using a proportiining valve. Just the stock drum/drum distribution block.

c00nhunterjoe