News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake line set up help and pictures please

Started by DanPratt, December 15, 2016, 02:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanPratt

Hi all,

I am working on my project that someone never finished (68 Charger).  It has SSBC disc brakes on all four corners but that's it.  I have flex hoses from each calliper but nothing else.  I have to make up new lines because this car has been converted to right hand drive so the repop ones will not work well, even with some reversing going on.  That's ok, though. But what else do I need? I've got about 6 metres of new brake line, a bunch of clamps and tube nuts, a new master cylinder and booster and an adjustable disc brake prop valve.  I know I will need some splitters in there and have seen some pictures posted on this forum showing some of the lines from the master cylinder to the front callipers.  But what about the rest of the system?  What splitter blocks do I need and where should they go?  What about a safety switch and do I need a metering valve? Is there anyone who has pictures they can please post showing their brake line set up for four wheel disc brakes?  I have worked on many brake systems but I have never come along to a bare chassis and made one up from scratch.

Many thanks in advance for any help you can send my way,

Dan
(Australia)

alfaitalia

Off topic but.........As a Brit I would like to see pics of a RHD 68....particularly the dash.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Lennard

Quote from: alfaitalia on December 15, 2016, 07:13:42 AM
Off topic but.........As a Brit I would like to see pics of a RHD 68....particularly the dash.
Off topic but.......... A Brit with the name alfaitalia? ;D

alfaitalia

Fair question....and lots think my name is Alf too!.....  its not.......I'm British born and raised (I live in a house on the Beach on the South Coast of West Sussex England). I have an English father but my mum is half Italian/ half Maltese. I don't speak Italian to any degree and only been there once....when I got engaged in 2002! The name comes from being a bit Italian and being on the Alfa forum from when when I was running an Alfa Romeo 156 2.5 V6 Veloce 6 speed manual....a real characterful car with one of the best factory exhaust sounds for an engine that size. I am Alfaitalia on there, on the Jeep Forum, on the MBworld (Mercedes) forum, Land rover forum and a couple of bike forums.....just too lazy to think of a new name when I join a new forum! As you can tell I'm a petrol head through and through....and still contribute on those forums...even the ones for cars/bikes I no longer own....nearly 6000 post on Jeep Forum. I like to try and help out with tech stuff on those sites as I'm an ex motor trade employee (tech and then sales) and also worked in a motorcycle dealer for a while.....still quite new to all this Mopar stuff but here to learn and learning fast to complete my "little" project.....more to follow on that. My real name is Dean Buck....so call me whatever you wish....within reason!

Bet you wish you had never asked now.  :lol:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Lennard

Nice to "meet" you Dean.  :2thumbs:  Sorry for the hijack Dan.

DanPratt

Hi guys, as to the dash, I will be doing a post on the dash conversion some time soon.  The firewall and dash frame are done, as is the steering.  But I have to fabricate a new dash bezel and that has been a long process of trial and error.  Lots of mould making and fiberglass gone wrong.  I will be posting that story with lots of pictures taken along the way.  I think I have got it sorted now but need some time to do some final cutting and test fitting before I post the story.

As to the brakes, below is a quick schematic of the setup I was thinking of.  Can anyone tell me if you think it will be problematic?

Cheers,

Dan