News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Clone Daytona Vega hatch question

Started by 70 sublime, October 31, 2016, 10:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

The Vega back glass has the more square corners at the top and round at the bottom where the Daytona is round at the top and more square at the bottom

Question

Has anyone tried to put the Vega hatch in the other way around ??
More work for sure but does the glass have the same arch to it top verses bottom ? 
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

A383Wing

here is a pic you can compare with

A383Wing

I'm doing the Vega plug in my car now....

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

70 sublime

Thanks for the pictures
Yes I have some of the same pictures saved  ;)

Still my question is has anyone turned the Vega hatch around to get the glass looking more like the Daytona shape ?

I think I have found a Vega hatch and just want to know how crusty of a hatch I can get away with and if turning it around would work
The bigger part of the hatch would just get cut off and not worry about the condition so much

Mike DC

This same idea occurred to me a few years ago. 

It won't work.  The bottom of the glass is wider than the top, totally aside from the shaping of the upper & lower edges.

70 sublime

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 01, 2016, 08:35:08 AM

This same idea occurred to me a few years ago. 

It won't work.  The bottom of the glass is wider than the top, totally aside from the shaping of the upper & lower edges.

That is the answer I was looking for so now I know and will buy a hatch accordingly

Thanks

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

70 sublime

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on November 01, 2016, 05:26:20 PM
I have a nice hatch trim and glass.

You are too far away from the great white north for me as shipping would cost way too much