News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C body Radiator in B Body

Started by lukedukem, October 31, 2016, 02:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukedukem

When i use our search function i dont get good results.

I have this radiator and the numbers indicate it was from a 69 C body, 383 2bb, with A/C. will this work in a 69 B Body, 383 4bb, with A/C?
If so, is there a way to remove the metal side brackets? i would like to stop the rust and paint them.
i am going to drop this off at a shop to have it checked out.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Charger-Bodie

It will work , but there are some minor differences.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

M5Ivan

When I bought mine it had a C body radiator and my car has A/C, although not hooked up. I replaced it with a repro as the C body radiator needed a re-core.

BLK 68 R/T

Brackets are just soldered on. As mentioned, it will work, but there are some differences, the fan shrouds are different between the C body and B body. C body mounts with 3 nuts on each side, B body has 3 left and 2 right.

lukedukem

Thanks guys. I still need to get this one checked but I might see if it will work or maybe find someone to trade with. Not sure how "in demand" C body radiators are. Not sure how easy it is to make fit, or if the shrouds work

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

A383Wing

I tried a "C" body radiator in my car long ago...it was too tall....overall height was longer than the "B" body radiator

Charger-Bodie

The radiator in my 68 is a c body piece. Just had b body side brackets soldered on. Same size core mine was from a 70 imperial
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............