News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 basket case

Started by 73charger440, August 27, 2016, 09:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73charger440

Ok here I go I bought my charger 15 years ago. it was in pcs when I bought it and had part of a 318 in it. I've gotten a 440 block and just parts so I don't know what all was there as a complete motor. Is there a belt tensioner what spacers are on the power steering and will the one from the 318 work? Is the radiator fan/clutch the same from the 318. You never know how much a pain it is to rebuild something you never took apart and they have 20 different  variations of the same thing. I bought a 440 4 groove pulley because I want air. So many questions, I try just looking at pictures off the web but with little help

BLK 68 R/T

Virtually none of the small block parts interchange with a big block. Along with the 4 groove pulley you have already, it may be easier to buy a kit like this with all the other brackets and stuff to run a/c. You will still need a/c compressor brackets. Are you planning on running factory a/c or aftermarket?

https://www.herbsparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=1746RB-KIT

b5blue

Lots of good info at 440 Source like water pump housings # and pulley setups.  :2thumbs: