News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gas tank question

Started by 70 sublime, August 06, 2016, 10:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

Not sure which section to post this in

Do all gas tanks have the mat on top between tank and trunk floor on 68 69 and 70 Chargers ?

My 69 did not have a mat when I pulled the tank off
My car does not have under coating so could the mat come with the under coat option ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Brock Lee

I believe the mat reduced metal on metal squeaking noise. I am pretty sure they all left with it. They are a source of most center trunk pan rot. They would get wet and hold the moisture in. That is why the rot in the floor is usually all the same with the exact same rectangular shape.