News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

**HOW TO POST PICS**

Started by comet_666, August 11, 2016, 07:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

I have read quite a few of you having issues attaching your awesome pictures to your posts. Here is a quick tutorial on how to resize and rename your pics to make posting your car pics easy!

Assuming you have a windows pc..

1. Locate your picture
2. Right click on your .jpg image (picture)
3. select "Open With"
4. Select "Paint"

5. In the top toolbar click on a button called " Resize "
6. In the Resize and Skew window, select the "Pixels" radial button (see pic below)
7. Change the horizontal setting to say 700
8. Hit "OK"
9. Hit the drop down button with the "Red" arrow. (in the picture below)
10. Select "Save As"
11. Point to where you want to save the file, generally select "Desktop" on the left side.
12. Name it something like yyyfyfyfetefuhfweughwepughe and hit "SAVE" (needs to be completely random)

Now in your post hit the "Browse" button next to the "Attach"
Find your file and Post away!

You may want to verify you shrank the file to under 200kb by right clicking on your newly saved .jpg and click on "Properties" and check the size. If it is under 200kb your good. If not repeat the above steps and select the pixel size smaller than 700.

VegasCharger

Thanks Comet  :2thumbs:

I've been wanting to post something like this but never got around doing so. Good job on helping the community.

If you don't mind I would like to add another tip on doing this.

Similar to selecting pixels in the stretch and skew menu you can also use "percentage"  (red arrow in my pic). In these fields you want to put in a number lower than 100 in both the vertical and horizontal to reduce the picture size. If the "maintain aspect ratio" box is checked (green arrow in my pic) you only have to enter a number in one of the fields and then it automatically defaults the other field to the same number. Also the maintain aspect ratio box is defaulted being checked every time you open the prompt.

The reason you wouldn't want the box checked is if you wanted add or subtract the ratio on one of the vertical or horizontal aspects only, thus stretch & skew.

Anyway let's say you have a pic that has 400 KB you would enter 50 (meaning 50% exactly in half) to get the pic at around 200 KB. And let's say after doing this and you check the properties of the pic file and it's just above 200 KB (say 204) then you would just go back and repeat. Just put in a number like 99 or 98 because you only need reduce it 4 KB. I like to get it under 200 KB just for insurance.

After doing this procedure awhile you'll get the hang of it to the point you can correctly guess what numbers to use.

Comet's version works great or even better if you get in rhythm with using those numbers.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

John_Kunkel

With Windows Powertoy Resizer you merely right-click the image and resize it.

http://microsoft-powertoys-image-resizer.en.softonic.com/
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.