News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird Tic Tock Tach rebuild

Started by superbird6bbl, July 15, 2016, 07:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superbird6bbl

I need to send my Tic Tock Tach off for a rebuild. Who do you guys/gals recommend? Thank you in advance.  PJ
Superbird6bbl, 69 Q5 SIX PACK Bee and 2011 Challenger SRT8 IE

62 Max

I had Instrument Specialties do mine 6 yrs ago and am very happy with it,be aware it is Quartz conversion and you won't have the " Tic-Toc " as the original.

rebby

I had Gary at tachman.com do mine. He did a great job!
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

superbird6bbl

Quote from: 62 Max on July 15, 2016, 09:42:37 PM
I had Instrument Specialties do mine 6 yrs ago and am very happy with it,be aware it is Quartz conversion and you won't have the " Tic-Toc " as the original.
Thank you.

superbird6bbl

Quote from: rebby on July 15, 2016, 09:44:22 PM
I had Gary at tachman.com do mine. He did a great job!
Thank you. Is it still a Tic Toch or Quartz?

superbird6bbl

Quote from: moparstuart on July 15, 2016, 11:13:30 PM
Dave  @ performance Car Graphix

Thank you. Still a Tic Toch or quartz?

62 Max

Quote from: superbird6bbl on July 16, 2016, 06:36:52 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on July 15, 2016, 11:13:30 PM
Dave  @ performance Car Graphix

Thank you. Still a Tic Toch or quartz?

Quartz,everyone that I am aware of does quartz.

kpkube

superbird6bbl

Quote from: kpkube on July 16, 2016, 08:58:54 AM
Try Redline Gauge Works

http://redlinegaugeworks.com/

Thank you. I will check each one of them out. I would like  keep it old style, but will go quartz if necessary. I am not too concerned about total accuracy. PJ

ws23rt

When I got my coronet running The original clock worked as did everything else.  I liked hearing the wind up of the clock that happened to make it work.

Now It no longer winds it's self up. :eek2:

If I was moved to make it work again it would not be so I could tell time by it.  I would want it to work as designed and not use it to tell time just as in the old days.

The tac and speedo moving was all I ever remember looking at "back in the day". :lol:

What is a going price these days to make an old clock work like an old clock?---And give poor time information like it was made to do??

MoparMotel

I've had Redline rebuild 4 complete clusters for me, excellent job on them all. Two had Tic Toc Tachs
1968 Dodge Charger

superbird6bbl

superbird6bbl

Quote from: ws23rt on July 16, 2016, 07:25:09 PM
When I got my coronet running The original clock worked as did everything else.  I liked hearing the wind up of the clock that happened to make it work.

Now It no longer winds it's self up. :eek2:

If I was moved to make it work again it would not be so I could tell time by it.  I would want it to work as designed and not use it to tell time just as in the old days.

The tac and speedo moving was all I ever remember looking at "back in the day". :lol:

What is a going price these days to make an old clock work like an old clock?---And give poor time information like it was made to do??

I want to keep mine working as original also. My clock works, tach doesn't. $145.00@ Tachman(H&H Auto).

superbird6bbl

Quote from: MoparMotel on July 17, 2016, 10:27:53 PM
I've had Redline rebuild 4 complete clusters for me, excellent job on them all. Two had Tic Toc Tachs
Thank you. You make three for Redline. I will give them a call.  PJ

62 Max

I think most everyone does the quarts conversion,there is not much anyone else can do other than appearance, as far as operation that you can do yourself,95% of making it work again involves oiling and cleaning the contacts.Every time the clock re winds,the contacts arc and corrode/pit over a period of time,there is no guarantee how long it will work. In the 34 years I have had my bird I did it at least 4 times,finally had it converted as I was tired removing the dash.I replaced the original in my wagon 5 yrs ago,it worked about a year and quit,they just don't last.

superbird6bbl

Quote from: 62 Max on July 18, 2016, 08:43:27 AM
I think most everyone does the quarts conversion,there is not much anyone else can do other than appearance, as far as operation that you can do yourself,95% of making it work again involves oiling and cleaning the contacts.Every time the clock re winds,the contacts arc and corrode/pit over a period of time,there is no guarantee how long it will work. In the 34 years I have had my bird I did it at least 4 times,finally had it converted as I was tired removing the dash.I replaced the original in my wagon 5 yrs ago,it worked about a year and quit,they just don't last.
Thank you sir. I will take their advice. My clock works, I just need to get the tach working. I put in a Mopar electronic distributor. PJ