News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Classic Cars in Japan (and elsewhere)

Started by XH29N0G, July 03, 2016, 07:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XH29N0G

I just finished a short visit to Japan (Yokohama/Tokyo area) and was pleased to see a number of classic and muscle cars (probably 10 or so and I was mostly inside at meetings) driving in the cities and parked at houses.  I don't have pictures, but will check with my son who joined for the trip. My son explored on his own and found a high end car auction house with crazy supercars and several industrial museums with engine and car exhibits.

The classic cars were frequent, like I have seen in only a few other places (Odense, Denmark in the summer and shore towns in Western Australia) and looked to be in excellent condition.  I thought I would post, to see if other members had other places where these cars are common so I can keep an eye out and add them to my bucket list of places to visit.  All in all, I have only visited Japan 2 other times and each time find the people welcoming and the society impressively efficient (and safe).   
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Lennard

I'm in the Netherlands right now and there are thousands here.

Here's a small sample:

www.charger.nl

Just 6T9 CHGR

We used to have a member from Japan on here a while back with a '69 Charger.... his screen name was "EBI"

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,50408.msg550015.html#msg550015
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

XH29N0G

Thanks for the pointer on the Netherlands. I think what like about all of this is how there is a common appreciation of old machines that extends across cultures.  (I also saw old Japanese vehicles on the road which was a treat.) 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Drache

Japan used to have Mach 1 police cars  :icon_smile_big:

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Lennard

Quote from: XH29N0G on July 04, 2016, 09:03:54 AM
Thanks for the pointer on the Netherlands. I think what like about all of this is how there is a common appreciation of old machines that extends across cultures.  (I also saw old Japanese vehicles on the road which was a treat.) 
There are USA cars and clubs all over Europe.

boss429kiwi

I see more classic American cars driving the streets of my home country, New Zealand, than I do the USA on my visits.  :shruggy:
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Baldwinvette77

i have a friend in japan, she constantly snaps pictures of vintage american cars as she drives about.  :coolgleamA: a great design is timeless and welcome globally.  :yesnod: