News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Going home.

Started by lloyd3, June 28, 2016, 04:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

Climbing on a flight to Cleveland tomorrow AM. Headed back to the "old country" for my 40th high-school reunion.  I had hoped to take the family (& the car) for a bigger vacation-type of trip but the components for it never really fell into line. The car's sitting out in the garage covered (& still stuck in 2nd gear), and my 12-year old had surgery about two weeks ago (nothing big, tonsils) but he's in no condition to travel, so it's just me. It will feel a bit-odd to be back there all alone but...so be it.  I'll have to visit all of my favorite watering holes/cruising spots in a rental car, but it will still be fun to see them again (in summertime it will be hot, green and lush!). One of my buddies back there is even digging out his mahogany 1955 Penn-Yan Swift, so we'll fire up his Kiekhaefer Mercury 30 (from 1956, electric start even!) and go for a ride on another old hang-out (Stoneboro Lake).  If I get too-desperate for an old Mopar fix, he has sweet, very low-miles (like 30k!) 70 SE Charger that I might be able to finagle a ride in (383/auto). This is my first-ever school reunion for a number of reasons (largely because I moved in my senior-year, so nobody really claimed me), but....because a number of my then middle-school buddies are running the show this year, I finally get to go.  My graduating class seems to have had about a 10% attrition rate (which seems actually low to me, I had expected to hear the number was higher, considering all the hazards of that period & place). Since I wasn't a big fan of my high-school years,  I'll be seeing most of these people for the first time since I departed those parts in 1975.  It should be interesting.  

M5Ivan

Enjoy! I'm sure you'd prefer to take the Charger and I don't blame you  :'(

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: lloyd3 on June 28, 2016, 04:33:46 PM
Climbing on a flight to Cleveland tomorrow AM. Headed back to the "old country" for my 40th high-school reunion.  I had hoped to take the family (& the car) for a bigger vacation-type of trip but the components for it never really fell into line. The car's sitting out in the garage covered (& still stuck in 2nd gear), and my 12-year old had surgery about two weeks ago (nothing big, tonsils) but he's in no condition to travel, so it's just me. It will feel a bit-odd to be back there all alone but...so be it.  I'll have to visit all of my favorite watering holes/cruising spots in a rental car, but it will still be fun to see them again (in summertime it will be hot, green and lush!). One of my buddies back there is even digging out his mahogany 1955 Penn-Yan Swift, so we'll fire up his Kiekhaefer Mercury 30 (from 1956, electric start even!) and go for a ride on another old hang-out (Stoneboro Lake).  If I get too-desperate for an old Mopar fix, he has sweet, very low-miles (like 30k!) 70 SE Charger that I might be able to finagle a ride in (383/auto). This is my first-ever school reunion for a number of reasons (largely because I moved in my senior-year, so nobody really claimed me), but....because a number of my then middle-school buddies are running the show this year, I finally get to go.  My graduating class seems to have had about a 10% attrition rate (which seems actually low to me, I had expected to hear the number was higher, considering all the hazards of that period & place). Since I wasn't a big fan of my high-school years,  I'll be seeing most of these people for the first time since I departed those parts in 1975.  It should be interesting.  

Have fun!!!     :smilielol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImgTb_nLksM

stripedelete

You"re flying from Colorado to Cleveland to get PA?   That can only mean one thing: You're flying frontier. And if that's the case the reunion is the least of your concerns.  :)

Have your buddy really lay into that old two stroke for me ,,,,,,,, and Al Gore.

lloyd3

Nope, Southwest. I'm headed to Venango County Pennsylvania ( w/a slight detour into Mercer County). Cleveland actually works better than Pittsburgh.