News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Exhaust tips?

Started by rikubot, June 16, 2016, 12:05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikubot

Hi guys,

Got a quick question. I'm looking to get some R/T tips for my '69 Charger. I'm going with the stock HP manifolds, 2.5 inch pipes, and probably dynomax ultra flow mufflers. Anyway, I figured there was a difference in quality amoung the brands. Does anyone have any advice or experiences to share, or even an extra pair to get rid of? NOS parts are not important to me as I am on a budget. Thanks in advance guys.

- M
'69 Charger, 440/727

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

rikubot

Thanks Mopar Nut, those are real nice, but they only come in a 2.25 inch inlet size :/
'69 Charger, 440/727

Mopar Nut

That stainless steel comes in all different sizes, cheaper than chrome.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

rikubot

What's the difference in the finish? I think they used the same photo for both. What are your thoughts on the stainless? I'm going to need hangers as well, right?
'69 Charger, 440/727

crj1968

Quote from: rikubot on June 16, 2016, 12:59:18 AM
What's the difference in the finish? I think they used the same photo for both. What are your thoughts on the stainless? I'm going to need hangers as well, right?

How is the back of your exhaust held up now? 

Here are hangers  http://www.ttiexhaust.com/Category-MiscComponents/HardwareMiscParts.htm#tpr

Not sure on your car but my 70 used the TPR-B2530

rikubot

Right now I believe the pipes are held up by some band clamps. I think this is the original set of pipes- 2 1/4 with no H pipe.
'69 Charger, 440/727