News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just wondering why in the States automatic trans always been preferred!

Started by cavemanno1, May 20, 2016, 12:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

sticks ok, but for day to day driving auto......try to daily a stick in this day and age hurts especially A833 daily.

Mike DC

QuoteBut if you can control how the car shifts by throwing a modern auto into manual shift mode...whats the need for the clutch in a new car? Works like a charm in my 15 challenger, and the paddle shifters are a blast.  I mean, I get it, for some guys a full manual is one of those things that they need to assure themselves that their d!ck still works, but its like saying that manufacturers need to make cars with carburetors and front drum brakes because the cool cars had them back in the day.

Yeah, but "converting to manual transmission" gets more hits on Google than "converting to front drum brakes."  There's a huge frustrated fanbase for the manual tranny despite the factories spending a whole generation trying very hard to push them out of favor.  

Sure, manuals are technically obsolete and/or immature.  That's true for anything that is fun to drive or look at.  

Why do we still want the option to turn off the electronic traction controls?  Virtually everyone can produce better lap times with them on.  Are we immature?  Backward?  

ws23rt