News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone into rat rods?

Started by Charger4404spd, April 22, 2016, 05:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger4404spd

Bunch of us go up to the Hot Rod Reunion every June in Bowling Green and last year Holley did a vid on one of my buddies. He restores Mopars for a living and builds some cool old rat rods. Thats his son with him and Holley used his music for the vid. Pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkWJXbc3ius

He drove the rat to NY from TN. Soon as he crossed NY state line a trooper stops him. Trooper asked him where his trailer was, he told him it was back in TN. Trooper couldnt believe it and let him go :icon_smile_big:

moparnut

Cool story. Have never had anyone hang around much while working on my cars. Should get some young blood hooked. Then they can fix my cars when Im older.  moparnut

Sublime/Sixpack

Cool cars, cool story, thanks for sharing.  :thumbs:
I still get a kick out of a seeing Rat Rods that show well thought out design and quality workmanship, but over all the appeal of the Rat Rod has faded considerably for me in the last couple years.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

RallyeMike

"We build em to drive em". Neato. My kind of peoples  :icon_smile_big:

My decent cars are sold and now all I have is semi-ratty drivers or race cars. Something clicked a few years ago and I just don't care for shiny paint, polishing, or correctness in my personal cars any more.

Two of the Chargers are flat black with old-school mags, my 60 Plymouth is a patina'd car with a big block and 4-speed, but probably too new to call a "rat rod". The next rat/patina project is my 57 Coronet which will also be big block 4 speed with a chopped top and spartan circle track race-car type build. It will have highway-friendly gears because it is intended to be a long-haul car. Who knows... maybe it'll make it out to TN.

I've been looking for a late 30's mopar sedan body to sock away, but a build is no time soon.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Charger4404spd

The 57 sounds like it will be a killer ride! :2thumbs:

RallyeMike

How cool is it that Holley uses your own music to back a video of your car? Congrats to your pal and kin. What a gift!
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

Charger4404spd

Thats sweet man! Sounds awesome :cheers: