News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Two Speed Wipers and washer switch??? PICS

Started by Canadian1968, September 01, 2013, 08:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadian1968

I am confused about the wiring between the wiper switch and the washer switch.  I only have the 2 speed wipers, the diagrams I have found are for the 3-speed.

I took a picture of the switch in the dash , and the back of the harness .  The connection with the 2 brown wires has one goin to the bulk head and the other ( brown with tracer ) has a signle connector on the end? Does this go to my washer switch?   

Dino

Yes, the single terminal brown wire goes to the wiper switch.  A short brown jumper wire connects wiper switch and washer switch to complete the circuit.  It's about 3-4" long with a single terminal on each end.  It does not matter which terminal goes to which spade connector, same deal.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Canadian1968

Alright so the other brow wire can be ignored its for the 3 speed wipers . I need to make a jumper from the. B/U spade on the wiper switch to the washer . It must have gotten lost when I pulled out all the dash wires!

Dino

Quote from: Canadian1968 on September 01, 2013, 10:22:27 AM
Alright so the other brow wire can be ignored its for the 3 speed wipers . I need to make a jumper from the. B/U spade on the wiper switch to the washer . It must have gotten lost when I pulled out all the dash wires!

Correct, one brown wire is for 3 spd wipers.  Was it recent that you pulled the wiring?  By default, when disconnecting the cluster, that short wire falls into the dash frame so it may still be there.

Canadian1968

Ya I pulled out all the dash wiring in frustration of an electrical problem.  Cleaning everything up , removing old britle tape and replacing with zip ties. As well replacing all wire that come from ignition switch and anything else that I thought looked like it needed help!!

I also found this . I cannot find it on the wire digram that I have,  It was sitting to the right of the ignition switch next tot he ash tray. Just sitting there.  The one part looks like a flasher , but not sure what for, and the other look like a light of some sort.

histoy

I believe that the little canister is a timer for the blue ignition switch light show in the picture.

Canadian1968

Canadian1968

Ahhh a little bit of research shows its part of an optional light package.  See if I can get it to work !

RECHRGD

I disconnected that ignition light and timer.  The timer internal contacts stuck together and burned that portion of my NEW wiring harness.  :brickwall:  I'm just lucky I smelled it before it caught fire.  I can live without it.....
13.53 @ 105.32

Dino

Dammit I think I just lost my ignition switch light, I can't find it anywhere.  Oh well, no fires for me either then!

Canadian1968

Hahaha. I just went out and checked the car. The light has been on all night!!! Doh!!  Guess I can join the club of disconnecting the timer until I find a new one!!