News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

sun roof 69 charger 4 sale

Started by ht4spd307, March 28, 2016, 10:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beep Beep Dave

That really is quite the car. What a beauty :drool5: If you are going to take on a full resto I think this one would be very rewarding when you finished it. Hopefully the broadcast sheet and engine get reunited with this one.

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

XS29LA47V21

:popcrn:
It does really need a lot, but rarity and hobby combine for some that can or are willing to give more.  If that was a "plain" RT these days it might have been in the 15-20 so the apparent selling price seems like a smoking deal imo.  Shirley that exceptional rare stack of options is worth 10k or a little more to some... what a great buy.

Cool Car.   Anyone here buy it?

DAY CLONA

Quote from: F8-4life on March 30, 2016, 08:45:18 PM
I hope I am not speaking out of place and this post is not directed torweds anyone in particular in this thread but reading mopar forums in general I find that a popular response in these mopar threads about project cars is the car is going be worth "X" amount restored - done... it will cost much much more the "X" to restore it. Ok so what does this  imply, that we all go dump these in the ocean??   This type of thinking seems to be more financially motivated then passion or historical preservation but even in terms of $$ this logic seems to also forgot the dynamics of supply and demand. This car is one of 29 if I read correctly? The options speak for them selves. You can buy a house on any block and call that an investment but how many of this breed of RT are you going  to find if you happen to want one? How about 20 yrs from now? I don't mean to rant but it is slightly annoying to me to hear this so often in a hobby that should mean a lot more then just $$.

Agreed, sad but that's what the hobby has become it seems for most, total fixation on stock restorations, with minimal dollar investment for maximum dollar return, the "value", the "value this or that" seems all you hear, what happened to the true enthusiast who didn't care what the costs were/are, just the desire to have a cool ride?...heavens if the next owner who buys this Charger does a color change, engine upgrade, 4 spd swap he'll be the scourge of the resto crowd, kinda like the thread here on the purple 70 Superbee vert, I miss the old days when the only numbers that mattered and passionately discussed were the horsepower, 1/4 mile times, or number of carbs under the hood, or the number of gears under the shifter, or the rear diff ratio, not the numbers on a tin tag, or on a assy line piece of trash stuffed under a rear seat, or the date code on a fan belt, or how much Ebay reselling prices are, or other possible auction forecasts based on the selling price, resto costs, potential net gain/loss, coming out "upside down" value wise after purchase and resto etc, etc

ht4spd307

well unfortunately it has become about the value and numbers matching comes into play due to the excessive cost of building one of these beautiful machines .years ago for a couple of grand someone would repair and paint a car now your looking into the 10 of thousands of dollars  and that's body alone then trim  etc etc now if your spending that sort of money you sure want to re coop that money somehow lets just say  for some unforeseen circumstance you have to sell up you at least want your money back and if it a base model or nothing special your not getting that money back and I'm not saying its not about enjoying the car but at a big loss.that's why you have to look at a car as an investment these days unfortunately unless you are able to do the restoration yourself   but at the same time mines not going to be a trailer queen either   

Charger_Fan

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on April 07, 2016, 09:05:55 PM

Cool Car.   Anyone here buy it?
Not me. :) Not that I wouldn't have liked to!

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)