News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

charger in hiding

Started by cbrestorations, April 08, 2016, 03:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrestorations

ive had my eye on this car for 18yrs, this is the first time i was able to get a pic of it even this close lol. everytime ive gone thru the little town its in it was either real late or the owner wasnt home. as a kid i would only see the tail lights thru a green mesh fence facing the freeway. the last 14 years the car disappeared from the fence line and i assumed it was sold. in the last year on one of my returning trips i peeked over the fence and there it was stashed in the back. last time i came by i spoke with the owner who was an older guy who gave me a quick story of it but it was late and he said next time i come thru town visit me during the day and ill let ya look at it. i came by today but he wasnt home, so i snapped a quick pick of it. he said it was a 69 rt/se 4 speed black with tan interior car. doubt ill get to see it on my return route, so its gonna be another month or 2 before i can come back thru probly.

Baldwinvette77

Nice!!! With you on DC.com every charger still in existance will be found and hoarded  :2thumbs:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

charger chris

Nice find. But poor car. Every thing piled around and on top of it. :nono: I guess it keeps it safe.
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

70 sublime

I spy with my little eye

is that another Charger hood up against the back wall painted purple with light blue inset ??

Is that a 56 Chev convertible to the right of the Charger ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

cbrestorations

Yup its a 55 bel air vert

Cncguy

Looks like it just got done raining.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Cncguy on April 08, 2016, 12:50:25 PM
Looks like it just got done raining.
Yeah, so that means the Charger's trunk should have a nice pool in there by now. ;D
Looks like that guy likes to collect all sorts of "stuff".

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

ACUDANUT

Let me guess,  :scratchchin:
One day he is going to restore it.  :shruggy:

66FBCharger

R/T SE 4 speed? Wow! Sounds very desirable. I would love to have it.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

CRW-FK5

Quote from: 66FBCharger on April 08, 2016, 03:32:35 PM
R/T SE 4 speed? Wow! Sounds very desirable. I would love to have it.
TX9 R/T 4-speed

holanae

You have to walk up on them very slowly.  You don't want it to get spooked and run off.

Kern Dog

Great find.   :2thumbs:

It boggles me though why people collect so much trash. Hoarders are sick in the noggin.

cbrestorations

found me a good donar b body platform for my 69 r/t. this 66 charger is rust free and has a perfect foundation.

heres a charger i got a few little pieces off of, it has a few good metal panels but for the most part, she is a goner.

another one that has a nice rear frame rails, a passenger door and....ehhh

VegasCharger

Hey Chris I could use this (see red outline) on your next visit. I need both sides but obviously the other side's missing lol.

Nice score on the 66 platform. Very nice and clean.  :2thumbs:

Charger_Fan

You know, that pic sorta reminds me of this one...

This was a pic I took around 1998, if I recall. I took this pic after probably 3 years of me knocking on the two exterior doors of the house. This poor Charger sat here at least a half dozen years before I stumbled on it in...maybe 1993. The first time I saw the car, the two right side tires held air (and are still halfway in this pic)...two years later, all 4 were squat. The garage behind looked like it could cave at any moment, I never looked inside.
About two years after this pic, the car was gone...it had a black gut & an auto.  :shruggy:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)