News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Most flexible air hose for painting a car

Started by timmycharger, January 26, 2016, 12:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmycharger

Kind of a general question but I am specifically curious about what people are using for air hoses when painting the car.   Last year when painting the body panels, we noticed that my current air hose that comes off a retractable reel is very stiff and unforgiving.

It was to the point that I had to hold part of the hose while my brother in law sprayed the panels to ensure that the hose would not "steer" the gun in strange directions.

What I am looking for is an air hose that we can use that is very pliable and wont steer the paint gun. I have seen the coiled up hoses, but those were awkward in my opinion.  Is there a painter specific hose out there or can anyone recommend one that even the box stores would sell? Appreciate any input, thanks!   :cheers:

Hudson Hornet !

Try this brand. We use it in our booth and it is great!  Priced right as well.

http://www.flexzilla.com/air/
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !

DougMN

Can I asks what size hose you use, and do you use high flow fittings, if so what brand.  thanks.

Kern Dog

I use a 1/4" rubberized super flexible hose for everything. I have about 600 feet of it that I use for work in construction as well as everything that I do with cars. Home Depot....

timmycharger

Thanks for the input guys, I am not sure of the size hose I am using now or the fittings, they are the basic ones you can get everywhere, nothing special.