News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake pedal replacement

Started by Nikki916, January 20, 2016, 02:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikki916

Hi!! I just want to apologize for not knowing much about car parts and what they're actually called so bear with me! I'm trying to find somewhere that sells reproduction or refurbished brake pedal assemblies for a 1968 Charger. So far all my searching has left me just frustrated! And really I don't need the entire assembly. The pedal itself is still in great shape, but it's all the parts that hook to it that I need. Especially the spring that makes the pedal go back up. The brakes make this hissing noise when pushing down on them and it feels like they aren't going to stop the car. We've put new lines and brakes, bled them, the whole works. We've replaced the master cylinder too.
I don't know if it makes a difference but it's an automatic and has power brakes. Could it be the brake booster is bad? Any help on finding where I can get these parts would be appreciated! Thanks!!!

John_Kunkel

The hissing is a leaking booster; you may hear a slight hiss when initially applying the brakes but if the hissing continues with the pedal depressed the booster is bad. In the pic below what part(s) are missing. The booster itself is the pedal return spring.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Nikki916

Thanks, I'll pass this info on to the husband!