News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

first thing before tearing apart a car is fire

Started by cbrestorations, January 20, 2016, 06:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrestorations

whenever im tearing a car apart the first thing i do is grab my big propane bud torch and hit the whole under side of the car and every hole in the body...i hate it when black widows and spiders fall on me while under a car. just today a charger looked spider free under neath after pressure washing so i figured ehh im good this time...but while pulling the exhaust a damn black widow fell on my shoulder then scrambled out from under the car running around like ricky bobby (help me baby jesus the spider is gonna get me). then the torch came back out and 5 more fell out of the frame rails...  i found a stick of dynamite in a quarter panel one time, glad i didnt torch that car lol

b5blue

YUP! Hate them critters!  :eek2: Redoing my 89 Cherokee I had a similar problem...Can of Raid and 2 cans of PB Blaster, a week later I was spider free and all the nuts and bolts came off pretty easy! I found egg sacks all over....don't forget "The Next Generation".  :scratchchin:

ITSA426

I like to let them spend a winter outside in Minnesota.  Not many places to hibernate in a car body.

polywideblock

wd 40 is the answer to them all   :scratchchin:   and if they get upidy  just add a lighter and they get the "flame thrower "   :lol:

hate spiders   :flame:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

stripedelete

What a bunch of Marys.  Living near the water, erratication is futile.  We co-exist.  I've even named a couple living on my boat.

Of course as soon as I see a bee, I grow a vagina. :D

b5blue

Have you ever seen what one bite from a Brown Recluse spider can do? (Google it.) We got it all here in FLA. I grew up here running around in the woods and orchards. I have an arsenal, Raid/Black Flag, PB Blaster, WD 40 and bottles of alcohol and OSPHO with with sprayer tops. (Plus a few have been painted black or grey!)  The alcohol is mostly for mosquito, they hide in the dark areas of the car and stalk you while you work. I mist the air and they drop to there doom. They can dance around you biting and flying away in and out all day, impossible to swat at, my alcohol misting rig made for cleaning took care of that.  :eek2:   

stripedelete

I don't have to google it.  I checked you locations before my previous post.   You guys do deal with the nasties.

We do have the brown recluse.   Fortunately, they're pretty rare.

RallyeMike

I block them nose up on the car trailer and visit the local U-spray-em with a pocket full of quarters and some rain gear. Critters and grease all gone in one swoop. No fires to put out. Had enough of that.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Baldwinvette77

I hate spiders, the ones i get aren't deadly, but look, i don't make a mess of their stuff, so how about you don't make a mess of mine ok?  i never built a car on top of a wasp nest, but i've had nests on my bumper brackets ,exhaust pipes ,door jambs... gee thanks.

b5blue

r4daytona

Luckily up here near Buffalo we don't have many nasty things. However we do have the brown recluse.  My friends dog got bit by one and they had to amputate it's leg and one of my students got bit and you can still see this deformed area on her leg where the skin rotted.  You can keep your alligators, rattlesnakes and black widows.  I want to move to a warmer climate when I retire and "venomous and deadly critters" is going to be a big criteria.  SO whats a good area?  NC , Tenn, VA ??

John_Kunkel

I always get a 3-pack of those bug bombs that you activate and they spray up; set them under the car and next morning count the dead critters.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Dodge Don

Better hope the Aussie contingent do not see this thread....they will laugh and think you are a bunch of Sheilas  :nana:

polywideblock

already contributed my   :Twocents:   after "the flame thrower  " theres nothing crawling anywhere near me  :yesnod:   but I'm still looking    :o ;D

on a side note did you know theres a "widow"  species on nearly every continent including Europe and New Zealand  :scratchchin:

red back is still the worst    :nana:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Lord Warlock

Have to admit the aussies have us beat when it comes to poisonous critters.  But florida does have its share of nasty arachnids, scorpions, snakes (eastern diamondback, cottonmouth and coral snakes) I tend to worry about mosquitos more than snakes though, they carry all sorts of diseases, a snake you can avoid, can't protect against a mosquito that wants to eat you. Have spiders in the garage that houses the charger, but haven't found any black widows or brown recluse under my car yet.  Have something big and nasty in the rafters above the car, they keep dropping dry corpses on top of the car. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

b5blue

For rats to rattlers my Crossman pump air rifle sits ready. The laser sight is dialed in at a sweet spot of 15-20ft. It lights up the backside of the fired BB.  :lol:

fc7_plumcrazy

sometimes I am glad to live in germany.

No poisoness spiders (for human)
No scorpions at all
no poisoness snakes

The most dangerous thing is a tick

Carsten

69wannabe

Dang dirt dobbers are bad here and will build nest in the smallest places!! My dads old truck doesn't really get drove like an everyday driver but it does get drove maybe once or twice a week. I was checking the rear brake shoes and one side was wet with gear oil so I replaced the axle seal and bearing on that side. A few months later it was wet again dripping gear oil off the backing plate so I pulled it back apart and put another new seal in and decided to check the axle housing vent and the hose had a dirt dobbers nest built in it and had the vent stopped up I cleaned it all out and it quit leaking.

Bought a 2000 grand cherokee last year that had been sitting for at least three years with a bad engine in it and it had several spider families living under it. Not a shortage of insects and crap here in north georgia in the spring and summer time.