News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Don Garlits' 500

Started by charger500440, December 08, 2015, 12:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HELLCAT

Quote from: 69_500 on December 10, 2015, 05:11:53 AM
I can not confirm a single 500 that never had a stripe.

After a car has been repainted it is near impossible to check too.

The R4 charger 500 owned by Charles Cheshire came from the factory without a stripe. He bought it new, with no stripe.

Mytur Binsdirti

He was one of the first big names in hemi collecting and I sold him some hemi stuff decades ago. Is Charlie still around?

fc7_plumcrazy

Quote from: RallyeMike on December 08, 2015, 11:38:36 PM
It depends totally on the buyer. I'd prefer non-numbers and the good color because I want to drive it without the burden of maintaining numbers matching authenticity.

And that Don Garlits 500. Wow! It has the rare V88 code  :lol:

+1

I am fine if it is matching but the colour is more important to me

Carsten

Highwaystar

I have some early pictures of my 500 with stripe delete as well. However I do not have the original broadcast sheet to verify this. I have a picture from early 70's with delete stripe and a repaint in late 80's with the stripe delete. however I have not been able to track that owner down to verify. 440/4speed trac-pac car. early production car.
68 GTX Convertible
69.5 Road Runner
69 Charger 500

T.J

5hunert

The broadcast sheet would only tell you that it was stripe delete off the assembly line like all 500s.  Itd my understanding that it was up to the stripe installer at Creative Industries to decide what color stripe to install (or not install).  No documentation would exist for your car except for early pictures.

fc7_plumcrazy

does someone know for sure if the 500 Don wants to sell now is a factory J-code car or an L-code car with a 426 installed?

Carsten