News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone bought a Gas Tank from Rock Auto

Started by troy.70R/T, April 01, 2014, 08:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy.70R/T

Well I just bought some rear struts for my daily driver from Rockauto.com I was pleased with the price and quality. Well that being said I thought I would price some stuff for my 68 Charger. Keep in mind I don't care about it being original. I see they sell a gas tank made by Sherman )P#CR9A) anyone bought this or other parts? If I go with these guys I will save at least 40% on everything I buy. Any of you have good or bad experience with parts from this place? Thanks

troy.70R/T

BTW the gas tank was $103.00 with the lock ring

Montclaire

I bought a tank from them, the first one was crushed and they had so send a second one free of charge.  No issues otherwise but I did find the tank cheaper from another source, and I did think the RA price was low - vans auto maybe?

hatersaurusrex

Bought one and it's installed (with straps, sender, lock ring, etc)

Now whether it works or not I won't know until I put the new 440 in, but everything fit well and it seemed to be of good quality :)
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

toocheaptosmoke

I got the cheap one from rock auto, can't remember if it was sherman or not.  So far so good, and a lot better that the old banged up and rusty tank.

troy.70R/T

Thanks guys nice to know. I think I am just going to order a bunch of Brake parts along with the gas tank. At Rock Auto prices this Charger might see the road this summer. :2thumbs:

cudaken

Guys here at the site bought Miss Lumpy (68 Road Runner) a tank from Rock Auto. While I have yet to install it it looks original. Plus they ship real fast, I got it the second day after it was ordered.

Cuda Ken
I am back

71charger_fan

I put one in my Shelby Charger. The only problem was there were edges on the factory tank that were bent over that weren't bent over on the replacement. I had to make a few "adjustments" with small sledge to get it in. I was satisfied enough to order one for the '71. That one's been in the box for months and is probably still months away from going in.

b5blue

WARNING....Rock ships from all over the country. Be careful to check very closely. I was going to buy brake parts and shocks for my Cherokee and found that even some same parts like 2 front shocks that are identical could end up one from one place and the other from another place.  After playing around with closeouts, different grade/quality choices and such it got so bad I just went to NAPA.
ALSO if there is any problem you will most likely be paying return shipping, be careful and you'll be okay!  :2thumbs:

histoy

I bought a tank from them for our '71 Charger.  Good price and fast shipment.  It got dented during shipment.  They sent me another one and they paid for the shipping + I didn't have to return the dented tank.   Overall the quality was good, only a couple of sharp edges where the tank was sealed together. 

pettybird

I bought one for work here in Cleveland, and it showed up the next day from Toledo.  I've called them before and have been told where the warehouse was when I told them I was concerned about shipping time. 

troy.70R/T

This is good to know. So I see that most of you are pleased with your dealings with Rock Auto, I was as well this last week (first time). Like I said hopefully these guys can get my 68 on the road for a reasonable price. :2thumbs:

71charger_fan

The Rock Auto-sourced tank installed.

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

71charger_fan

I painted it black back in (I think) '93 and left if unguarded in the garage with my 7-year-old daughter and some model paints nearby. I thought she did a nice job and there was no way I was going to hurt her feelings by painting over it, so there it stays. Only gets seen when it's on a lift.

johnnycharger

I have bought lots of different items from there and have had zero issues. I suggest checking their closeouts and rebates too.