News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NATIONAL JUNK CAR FOREST / GOLDFIELD NEVADA

Started by adauto, November 17, 2015, 10:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adauto

Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

6bblgt

I went to Goldfield to look for Super Soul in 2003, didn't find him but I did see some of those cars - I guess they got repurposed!  :cheers:

wingcar

I have been through Goldfield many times over the years (and I mean "passing through as opposed to stopping there for any reason") on my way to the Reno air races held each September.   The last time I actually stopped (many years ago) was when I wanted to take pictures of the restored Hotel (but still closed) used by Super Soul in the original "Vanishing Point" movie.  I asked several locals if they remembered the movie and none had any idea as to what I was talking about.   As for the Car Art....all the vehicles appear to have come from the local auto junk yard that is located on the main highway North of the town...several including the Chrysler airport limo should have been restored not spray can bombed.  But, that's the way it goes.......... If you have ever been through the town and the surrounding area you will understand why/how someone could up with this idea.
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

adauto

Quote from: wingcar on November 18, 2015, 08:37:34 AM
IIf you have ever been through the town and the surrounding area you will understand why/how someone could up with this idea.
On ya... its the crossroads of nowhereville for sure. You cant even buy gas there....
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

skip68

They do have gas there.  I think they didn't for a long time though.  I went through there a couple months ago and saw the gas station open.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

wingcar

A few years back an old gas station located in town and closed for some time, actually had an airplane parked in front...a Piper Tri-pacer.....(It's been gone for a couple of years now...maybe it will find it's way into the Junk Car Forest)
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Baldwinvette77

I can't figure out what the hell is on that fox mustang.. a house.. with legs.. and a duck head??? this is why i could never be an artist..  :rotz:

crj1968

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on November 18, 2015, 03:09:07 PM
I can't figure out what the hell is on that fox mustang.. a house.. with legs.. and a duck head??? this is why i could never be an artist..  :rotz:

Birdhouses are jails man....check out the jail bird...key to freedom man, dig what I'm layin' down?    :icon_smile_big:    O0  :smoke:

djcarguy

F rom pix above it looks the place air cooled VWs go to die in the heat.

Skip was it you that had posted lot of pix an great info on Goldfield an old mines,,have a link???

wood bee great time to go,look about an not die in heat??

WOW THINK IT WAS A PILE OF BONE AN  CAN YOU ID MY XXXXXXXXXXX  WIFE BONES IN DESSERT?????????????????????????????????HA HA HA HA ENJOY,,THINK PILLS WORKKKKKKKKKKin :nana: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :cheers:

skip68

I've found a few treasures from Goldfield.  Not sure where i posted them.
Far as the bones go, no they can't be identified if they're at the bottom of a mine shaft     :icon_smile_wink: