News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Demon Carb Install

Started by gcdsn76, November 18, 2015, 02:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gcdsn76

I started to install my new Demon 1901 carb. When I opened the butterflies, the right front of the carb raised up. A call to their tech support says I need a half inch spacer. The Demon is roughly as tall as the Edelbrock AFB I was running.  I wanted to run a stock dual snorkel air cleaner. Has anyone else had clearance issues when using a carb with a spacer? Any other ideas? Is anybody using the Edelbrock Performer low rise manifold? How are they as far as clearance issues?

c00nhunterjoe

Sounds like the linkage is hitting the intake. That or the accel pump lever if it has 50cc pumps on it.

gcdsn76

Apparently the fast idle screw is hitting inside the old choke well. Time to get out the grinder. Has anyone else had this issue?

BSB67

I cannot speak to your specific carb/manifold.  But it is not uncommon for there to be carb to manifold interference when swapping carbs or manifolds.  You just need to identify the interference and figure out how you want to get around it. Change/remove/alter the interference point on the carb or manifold or both, or use a spacer.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph