News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Electric priming fuel pump

Started by bbody68, November 18, 2015, 05:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbody68

Hi all
       I'm after suggestions on what electric fuel pump to buy to use for priming the carb and helping to reduce vapour lock on start up. What I'm thinking of doing is placing a electric fuel pump in series with my mechanical pump on a timer relay to come on for say 15 seconds when the ignition is turned on.
I know a lot of guys will say just run a electric pump and do away with the mechanical one but I have had reliability issues in the past with electric pumps and find the noise annoying. The pump will need to be of a type that still allows fuel to pulled through by the mechanical pump when not running as well as not being  too restrictive to fuel flow. The engine is a mild 440 (400-425 hp) and is fitted with a carter street mechanical pump and a fuel return system.
   Please be fairly specific with your pump recommendations part numbers ect as I'm in Australia and don't have access to junk yards, Napa , autozone ect. Will probably source the pump through Summit or Rock Auto.
   All thoughts and recommendations on the subject will be much appreciated!
Thanks Brad