News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DodgeCharger.com MEMBERS, MODERATORS AND TROY.

Started by skip68, December 05, 2015, 01:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el dub

Are you beating a dead horse? Ha Ha put that in the other thread.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

myk

Quote from: b5blue on December 06, 2015, 11:01:54 AM
  Many times I've wondered why members don't contact each other with PM's and carry on with whatever through direct emails?  :shruggy:
  While I can't really be goaded into bickering, (You've the right to disagree on anything I do/say.) many times my communication is so specific it's no value to the rest of the community. I've many members email address for many reasons.  I'm surprised you don't have out of forum contact with Tuffy Skip. 

The many relationships in our lives have different dynamics.  For example: the people I work with are just that.  Just because I spend the workday collaborating with other department managers, receiving shipments from outside vendors, directing staff, and fooling around with waitresses in the elevator room, doesn't mean these relationships carry on after the clock is punched.  It's reasonable to see that many friendships and relationships on DC.com are only relevant when we're logged in.  That isn't a bad thing, that's just how our lives are, especially in the digital age...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

Hey Troy, can you tell me those websites tuffy was banned from?  Or anyone else?  :shruggy:  I don't know where to look and am curious what he was doing on other sites.  Obviously I've missed quite a bit here.  I'm not a member on any other car sites as I really don't have any desire to bug other people than you guys.   :nana: :cheers:
I take that back, I did join some sites long ago dealing with the bk auto idiot and possibly Joey but can't remember what. 
Thanks
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Troy

So was this whole thread just a roundabout way to ask "why is Tufcat banned but not ECS"? Nice try. I'll warn you right now, trying to gang up on me in public about this will not end well. This decision was not made on a whim and there are very valid reasons for it.

Reading old threads isn't the greatest tactic as the most offensive posts are generally removed. Here's a relevant example:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,27281.msg299049.html#msg299049

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

skip68

Well, NO Troy.  Why would you say that and with this harsh warning?   I basically went with tuffy because his name came up in another thread so it was just the first name kinda thing.  I didn't know about ECS until after I started this thread and looking back at some of the last posts from tuffy and got some messages from others with similar comments.   Of course I'm curious as to why ECS isn't banned now but like I've already said it's your business unless you care to share with me.  When I started this thread it was others in my mind, not ECS.  I do know that going back isn't going to tell me everything because some posts may be gone.  But I don't know what went wrong so it's all I have other than asking everyone here as I think I've done.   Far as ganging up on you in public that's not true or my intention Troy.   I was simply asking you a question as to the statement you made about Tufcat being banned from other sites.   No biggie.  I apologize.  I took it as it's known information by you and others which is why I asked you and or others.  I didn't see it as a question that I needed to ask in private.  Again, I apologize.   Far as I know I've never questioned your judgement or any moderators over the years until now with the harsh warning.   I'm going to presume you're having a bad day or this is a very sore subject for you.   Either way, there's no need for further questions about tuffy as you've already answered me.   No more questions about banned members.    :cheers:

cavemanno1

For my 1000nd posts i will say Thank You to Troy and the mods for making and running this site! :2thumbs:

For me being far far away from you guys this is the only good source to help me with chargers.I don't know what Tufcat did but from what i read from him,he isn't a bad guy.  :angel:

I haven't seen this site changed a lot but I'm not really interacting just reading.
Troy you should have a section for people disagreeing with each other to keep the other threads clean  :lol: So people whom have no excitement in their lives can watch it unfold just like when people watching accidents  :slap:

NHCharger

I am another lifetime member ( member # 10) that hasn't been on the board much in the last year. As Troy said, sometimes life gets busy, which has been my excuse for the last year.
I do remember reading part of the thread and exchanges between ECS and Tuffy. I thought both parties egged each other on and I remember thinking I don't have time for this shit and wonder how the Mods deal with this child like behavior.
I do belong to a couple other Mopar boards but over the years have found this site by far the best and consider this site my internet home.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Shelby S/C

Life does get busy, so I never get on here but as per usual witty Skip makes me more enthusiastic to post! And it is not even my birthday and Skip isn't hitting on me this time lmao  :nana: Anyways I do have to say that I miss Tuffy being on here, he is hilarious for one! And he has been such a dear and kind friend to my mother and I since we've met him. Luckily I'm more facebook oriented and he isn't banned from there (or any other sites for that matter). People should get their facts straight. But anyways Skip all of your questions are on point, I recommend going to the source to get those questions answered, message my mom she has Tuffy's email. Now go ahead and threaten to ban me too Troy  :moon:

skip68

Thanks future ex-wife.    :pity:
Nobody has threatened to ban me or anyone ....yet.   ;) and I don't want anyone to jump on the ban wagon and make this bad.   If I've overstepped my bounds and am asked to leave I will do so peacefully and understand.   I'm acting SOLELY on my own and DO NOT want anyone to defend, agree or respond on my behalf.   

I was just looking for answers is all.  Not a big deal.   
It just turns out that it's a sore subject. 
Skip.    :cheers:

Troy

Let me stress that Tufcat is banned due to his own actions. I suppose it makes a better story if I'm the "bad guy" or that there's some great conspiracy - likely controlled by the Illuminati. Sorry, not nearly that interesting. It has occurred to me that since I'm not publicly posting my (our) side of the story that people are only getting a modified version from "the source". But I'll take the high road (for now) and keep things private. If you have a legitimate question or concern you can always contact me directly. And since very few of you have, I guess you're content with whatever you've heard. Your choice. Some of you have "known" me for close to 13 years now and if you can't trust me yet then I'm not likely to change your minds.

Shelby: I welcome differing points of view. Never have I punished someone just because we disagree. On the contrary, I welcome input from all sources as people who really know me will attest (and I've said it here countless times). However, if you want to have an argument with someone it's a good idea to have all the facts. It's like bench racing with someone who has never driven a car. ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Charger-Bodie

Troy is absolutely right on this.

It's a let sleeping dogs lie kind of deal. I personally was friends with Tom . Not like close buddies , but friends. This is. Can of worms .
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

el dub

entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Mytur Binsdirti

More people here should learn to be more like me.   :2thumbs:

skip68

Troy and moderators, can you please lock and delete this thread for the good of all?    No need for going any further.  Thanks.  
Skip.  

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

XH29N0G

Is her husband driving the car?  I'm sorry that just seems wrong. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

myk

XH29N0G

That isn't good.  Once took my girlfriend (now wife) on a walk down into the river valley in Edmonton in March.  Turned out the snow hadn't all melted and she was visiting and in heels and a small dress.  I am lucky she forgave me.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....