News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Building the Birdhouse.........

Started by Hemi Runner, February 26, 2012, 09:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Quote from: Hemi Runner on September 30, 2012, 04:53:23 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 30, 2012, 04:42:32 PM
Did you use cattle panels as reinforcement in your floor?
Yes, It's typical of wire mesh used around here. The local concrete supply place has it in 8x16 panels but it's a pain to transport with a car trailer. The fence panels are 4x8 and I can throw them in the truck.
We generally just use rebar.  Yes, it's a little expensive at $5.00+ a stick, but it's well worth it.  Don't be surprised if it cracks all to bits.

Hemi Runner

It was done the same as all my other buddies floors and not one of them has cracked yet. It's 6" thick so it should support anything I ever decide to put on it.

JB400

6" is definitely thick enough.  It ought to last quite a while then.  We generally pour them 4" and put bar every 4', every 2' for those that want extra strength.  That's with 1/2" bar.  Driveways we pour 6"  Your shop does look good by the way.

Hemi Runner

Thanks!! The pad out front will be 4" and it's getting rebar along with the mesh.

JB400

Quote from: Hemi Runner on October 01, 2012, 09:08:56 AM
Thanks!! The pad out front will be 4" and it's getting rebar along with the mesh.
I pour concrete for a living.  Glad to help.  Here's the problem with just having mesh.  Everywhere you have a joint where two panels meet, if it cracks, the floor will pull apart.  Adding rebar prevents that from happening.  Make sure that you tie your steel together.

Hemi Runner

We overlapped the panels and tied them together before we poured. All the concrete guys tell me that they all crack, it's just a matter of when and how much :smilielol:

TUFCAT

Indygenerallee

my 40x64 was done exactly the same as yours with the pex tubing attached to the grating and I had mine poured 6" thick with the fiberglass, poured all three entrance ramps into garage at 8" thick.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Hemi Runner

Quote from: TUFCAT on October 02, 2012, 08:19:08 PM
Wow! That's so nice.  :drool5:
Thanks! It's the cause of my current condition...... flat brokus emticus walletus......

Hemi Runner

Quote from: Indygenerallee on October 02, 2012, 08:21:45 PM
my 40x64 was done exactly the same as yours with the pex tubing attached to the grating and I had mine poured 6" thick with the fiberglass, poured all three entrance ramps into garage at 8" thick.
40x64 would be fantastic. Mine's 28x44 and that's as big as I could go due to zoning.  Half what I wanted and twice what I can afford! :lol:

Hemi Runner

I guess I got so busy that I forgot about this thread! It's been a long time but it's still not done, lol. Are they ever? I just need to add a couple of sections to the handrail and the outside will be finished with the exception of gutters and down spouts.

wingcar

1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

moparstuart

Quote from: Hemi Runner on October 18, 2015, 06:00:50 PM
I guess I got so busy that I forgot about this thread! It's been a long time but it's still not done, lol. Are they ever? I just need to add a couple of sections to the handrail and the outside will be finished with the exception of gutters and down spouts.

is my hemi in there  ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Hemi Runner

Quote from: moparstuart on October 19, 2015, 02:11:23 PM
Quote from: Hemi Runner on October 18, 2015, 06:00:50 PM

is my hemi in there  ?

It's in there, but the bail is set at $15K :rofl:

nvrbdn

awesome bird nest. really like the outside stairs. wondered if it would be a deck, or what, when I seen the door up there.   Very nice. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Hemi Runner

Thanks. I'm not getting any younger and I just can't do a little attic opening or the spindly little attic ladders with a 12' ceiling so I put up 4' wide stairs up to a 3' wide exterior entry door.

nvrbdn

man, that is nice up there. Great storage area. plus you don't loose the space inside the garage with a stairway.  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

RIDELIKEHELL

Looks great! I wish i could've built a Barn style shop but the township has height restrictions  :rotz:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Hemi Runner

Thanks guys. Just finished the hand rail tonight :icon_smile_big: