News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona original fender question

Started by bimmer3ix, September 08, 2015, 09:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bimmer3ix

Hello, Regarding the front fenders of a 69 Daytona, I question if the original headlight mounting "frames' were still attached to the fenders or were these not spot welded during the building process of the fenders.  I was thinking that all the 70 chargers had the wrap around front bumpers and the motor controlled flip up headlights, therefore, there would be no Headlight bucket "frames" attached to fenders. Who can set me straight on this?

BROCK

As a 70 Charger owner that has collected parts for 30+ years:  the fenders did have the headlight buckets welded in before paint. 

As a fan of the 69 Daytona since childhood:  The hoods differed in the front support area from the production 70 Charger.  For 70
there were extra ribs added.  Since Daytona fenders were also preproduction of anything finalized for 70.....................

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Nwcharger

I have 1 real Daytona fender and it didn't have a headlight bucket welded in like the 70 fender. It's currently at the body shop right now but I don't remember even seeing signs of a bucket ever being there. 
1969 coronet wagon

69HemiBee

On the Daytona I did one fender was factory installed and showed no signs of the mounts being there. The other side was an early replacement with a PN inside. It had no marker light provisions like a Daytona but you could see where the mount was spot welded in then cut out flush with the tabs left behind. Pretty interesting.
Supercar Restorations is a fully equipped facility specializing in Chrysler Corporation automobiles. We also carry an extensive line of parts. Contact me at hek@supercarrestorations.com if you have any questions. Thank you.