News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

the reason for the large gutter

Started by ht4spd307, August 31, 2015, 09:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ht4spd307

hello this may be a stupid question but whats the reason for the large gutter dip  i think you would call it  on rear parcel shelf just behind were the speaker holes are on the 68/69/70 charger 

Ghoste

dual fours

To protect the rear window defroster and the Factory rear speaker from shoved all the way to the back of the trunk stuff? :popcrn:
The third picture has the one Factory speaker removed. I added the two aftermarket speakers.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

ht4spd307

fantastic 2 birds with one stone... now i know were that fan goes... i got my project in a million pieces & was wondering were it went thanks so much all

six-tee-nine

also it gives the panel extra strength from bending trough with the weight of speakers / defoffer setup attached to it.
It could even help as an anti rattle barrier.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

ht4spd307

i was thinking more on the lines moonshine shelf for those duke boys  :cheers: any way were is the switch for the fan placed

Ghoste

On a 68 the switch is on the dash in that area beside the speedo, for 69 its beneath the upper dash pad to the left of the heater controls and for 70 I'm not sure.

Brock Lee

Quote from: Ghoste on September 01, 2015, 06:07:20 AM
for 69 its beneath the upper dash pad to the left of the heater controls and for 70 I'm not sure.

Same as 1969. I believe the dash frame and switch is the B body convertible setup. The knob has "Top" on one side and "R. Defog" or "Rear Defog" on the other. All they had to do was put the knob with the appropriate letting facing out.

Stevearino

Quote from: six-tee-nine on September 01, 2015, 05:10:42 AM
also it gives the panel extra strength from bending trough with the weight of speakers / defoffer setup attached to it.
It could even help as an anti rattle barrier.
Also the Dutchman panel is pretty wide and flat so this acts like a bridge support side to side keeping it rigid.

John_Kunkel

I suspect the "gutter" is merely a stiffener for the wide expanse of unsupported sheet metal.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Brock Lee

Don't forget that at the end of the day it is a B Body platform. The base platform was designed to work with 4 doors, wagons, and convertibles as well as other model 2 doors. In those days the platforms were a bit more universal within the body style than the way automakers are today.

Kern Dog