News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Grandfather missing

Started by Drache, September 09, 2015, 12:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

I just got word that my grandfather is "missing", sort of... here is what I know so far.

My grandmother says the last time she seen him was 21:30-22:00 Monday night. She woke up at 08:00 Tuesday morning and he was gone along with his truck. She can't remember if she made his bed or not (they sleep apart), if she didn't then he didn't sleep in it, and left the night before. Normally that isn't strange for someone (although a little for my grandfather) but here where it does.

My grandfather is in the beginning stages of dementia, currently depressed, and even mentioned that he'd "rather be dead than move" (they recently moved from their $500,000 house into a condo because of my grandfather's health).

We have no idea if my grandfather took any of his medication with him (heart problems). He also left his cell phone at home.

Now my uncle doesn't think anything is wrong and that my grandfather went to a hotel to "sulk". That being said my uncle is "ignorant" of his father's health problems. I think he just chooses to ignore them as he doesn't want to see his dad slipping away.

My grandmother is optimistic to the point that it can get on your nerves. She believes he will just come home that he's sulking as well, all though she at least knows and accepts the health problems. She also doesn't want to "rock the boat".

I reported him missing to the RCMP. Now all that can be done is wait.

Missing in Vernon, BC

Very piss poor picture but it's all I have on hand. Taken 6 years ago. He has even less hair and it's completely white.

Ken Dalgarno
5'8-5'10
Approx 160lbs

Drives a 2007 Honda Ridgeline (No plate yet as grandmother is being uncooperative)

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

JB400

Mike DC

Oh man that sucks.  Dementia is a terrible thing to be dealing with.   :'(

67440chrg

Good luck I hope he is just pissed and will show up soon.

Drache

Ok so RCMP called me back and said that he used a credit card in Chilliwack Hope. So he was there. They have notified police all the way from Vernon to Vancouver Island. He does have friends on the Island although they are far up north hunting for a couple weeks.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Ok got news that he is back at home.

No idea why he went to Chilliwack and he's not saying.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

JB400

ws23rt

Paul G

Quote from: Drache on September 09, 2015, 09:17:19 PM
Ok got news that he is back at home.

No idea why he went to Chilliwack and he's not saying.

Because you stated he has early stages of dementia, be aware that he may not know why he went there. Or just went for a drive and couldn't remember how to get home. Or, he just wanted some time to think. Cant blame a man for that.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

67440chrg

Heck Im 52 and kind of sane and feel like just going away for a wile sometimes. Its great he is back.

XH29N0G

It is great news, but what is more important is that you took the time to look out for him.  It just makes it difficult when it happens again and again, but no less worth it.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

myk

Sometimes a man needs his space. 

Glad he's alright...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

ws23rt

Their are lot's of us grandfathers out there and it's comforting to know we have those that care about how we are doing. :cheers:

If (or rather when) I become aware of blank spots in my day, I wonder if I will pick up the phone and share it with my close family?

The other side is how will --I-- accept a confrontation from my family if I do something odd? ::)---I do odd stuff daily. :slap:

Their is much room for fun with this topic but after the fun about aging we all need to be vigilant about awareness of the aging process and the sometimes subtle clues of nearby trouble.

Thank you Drache for posting this thread. :cheers:

Dino

I'm happy to hear he's safe and I can't blame the man for ging for a drive.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.