News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68, 69 70 Charger Seats Differences

Started by restomodmusclecar, August 25, 2015, 08:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

restomodmusclecar

I believe I have one 68 drivers bucket and one 69 or 70, in my 68 Charger.  Are the seat frames the same? Can I use 68 covers foam and what not on the passenger seat?  -Thx for the help Matt

Alaskan_TA

1968 & '69 buckets - low backs with separate headrest(s) - if optioned or after they were required.

1970 buckets - high back with integral headrests.

restomodmusclecar

Thanks for the reply, got it. Mine have no head rest.  However, the backs are different, do you know if the seat covers and new foam will work on both the seats? Attached are the pic of the seats.  Just don't want to make a mistake order the covers and then run into issues.

Nickrc3

I'm currently restoring my 68' Charger seats (buckets). The foam cores (Legendary product) from 68-69 are identical, however, the installation process is completely different. The 68's use no listing wires within the foam or the seat covers themselves - 69's do.
I just finished one bucket side, and am very, very pleased with the Legendary products.

I'll be posting a thread shortly...