News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Classic Auto AC glove box install issues

Started by oldcarnut, June 24, 2015, 10:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

Ive installed the CAA system and the dash in my car today.  I'm having a bitchen time trying to get the new glove box liner installed as it bottoms out on the under dash unit before I can get the edges over the frame.  I've almost ruined a new box trying to force it in and out.  Anybody have this problem and what did you do?  It appears like I need to make the liner a shorter depth in the back or just fab another up.

johnnycharger

My standard replacement was a pain to get in. He good folks on this side pointed out to me that there are faint lines on the sides and such where it is intended to crease.  After way to much battle I said "screw it.. I am going to ruin it or get it in" took another swig or beer and shoved it. It worked out....thank goodness.

oldcarnut

Mine appears to bottom out before getting to a point I can fold it over without ripping it apart to get it in.

johnnycharger

hopefully somebody on here has already gone through this install and can chime in with some good info.

oldcarnut

Fixed it yesterday evening.  Pic 1 shows the ac box against the firewall behind glove box location.  After figuring how much and where I need to shorten up I laid a cut line out on the back of the box with tape and cut it with a cut off wheel. Pics 2-3.  Re-glued and stapled the bottom back in place pic4

oldcarnut

Went in with no problems and fit great now

johnnycharger

Dino

Good job!   :2thumbs:

Those things are a pita to install even when it's stock.  I did the same as Johnny and thought to hell with it, it's only $12 and this isn't going to work.  So I just rammed it in there and it snapped into place without damage.  That was a good day.   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.