News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

correct exhaust manifolds

Started by auxiliarytwin, July 02, 2015, 05:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

auxiliarytwin

Hello,

I have single exhaust on my 72 Charger 400 as well as the original exhaust manifolds in place.  It originally came with a 2brl (now 4brl).  If I were to switch to dual exhaust, are there different exhaust manifolds I would need, or did they use the same ones for both single and duel exhaust?

auxiliarytwin

I can locate no comprehensive list of manifold cast numbers for after 1971.

Does anyone have insight here?

ODZKing

No one says you can't have dual exhaust with your existing manifolds.
Some where on the TTI or Accurate site is exhaust manifold listings for Mopars.
But if I understand what you are saying, 400 HP manifolds should be the same as my 73.
3751067 (L) 3751069 (R)
Casting numbers are similar but a couple #s off 068/071.  Pic below

firefighter3931

Typically the 2bbl low performance engines used a "log" style manifold which is different from the 4bbl HP style exhaust manifolds. The 4bbl manifolds are much better with increased flow and scavenging. That being said, you can still run a dual exhaust system with a std 2bbl manifold as long as you can find the correct head pipes....or you could have something built at a muffler shop.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs