News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chrome 440 air cleaner

Started by F8-4life, June 04, 2015, 09:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F8-4life

Sorry if this is a obvious question, but did chrysler make a factory chrome 440 air cleaner?
I'm working with a 1968 440 and a black wrinkle finish stock air cleaner.

Thanks

A383Wing

I know you could get the dual snorkel air cleaner in chrome in 67 on the 440 magnum in the Charger, came as a package with matching chrome valve covers....that's about all I know

F8-4life

Thanks for the response.
I ask because I recently saw a factory 383 66 charger with a chrome stock pie tin air cleaner.
The owner said it was rare and maybe from a 1968 barracuda,? He found it at a swap meet.
It looked great whatever it was from.

F8-4life

Whoa great link, gonna have to look it over in the morning.

Daytona R/T SE

bakerhillpins

Quote from: F8-4life on June 04, 2015, 10:26:46 PM

UM WOW.   :o  That's a fantastic collection of info on air cleaners.   :yesnod:   Thanks Daytona R/T SE   :cheers:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: bakerhillpins on June 05, 2015, 06:29:41 AM
Quote from: F8-4life on June 04, 2015, 10:26:46 PM

UM WOW.   :o  That's a fantastic collection of info on air cleaners.   :yesnod:   Thanks Daytona R/T SE   :cheers:

:cheers:

Same guy has these, too:

http://www.nicksgarage.com/6way.htm

http://www.nicksgarage.com/caps.htm

http://www.nicksgarage.com/jacks.htm

Ghoste

That is quite a collection of info to be had there.  Nicks Garage just got bookmarked.

A383Wing

Quote from: F8-4life on June 04, 2015, 10:21:54 PM
Thanks for the response.
I ask because I recently saw a factory 383 66 charger with a chrome stock pie tin air cleaner.
The owner said it was rare and maybe from a 1968 barracuda,? He found it at a swap meet.
It looked great whatever it was from.

66 Chargers never had chrome air cleaners, and none would accept a pie tin in that year either

TCB

No B-body from 1966 on ever had a chrome air cleaner of any kind, regardless of engine.

EDIT: I was obviously wrong about the Hemi.

For what its worth, I never saw a factory chrome air cleaner on a B-body wedge engine after 1966.  I so realize some 1966 A-body 273-4bbl "Commando's" and "Chargers" still had a small chrome air cleaner but that's it.  

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: TCB on June 05, 2015, 11:08:39 PM
No B-body from 1966 on ever had a chrome air cleaner of any kind, regardless of engine.

You might want to check with the Hemi crowd on that one.   :slap:

A383Wing

yea, exactly what I was gonna say...looks chrome to me

you could get a chrome one in 67 for the RB 440 magnum engine in the Charger