News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anybody have year one wheels - reviews? also shocks?

Started by Stegs, May 27, 2015, 06:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegs

looking for wheel reviews on year one road wheels

I need to eventually get new wheels as mine are pretty worn out and faded. I tried polishing them with no luck.

Im searching different brands, i like the 17" one from year one, but they are quite pricey compared to the 15" ones from classic industries

Looking for reviews if anybody can chime in. Are they good quality? any complaints? do they fit on a stock charger suspension? The reason i ask is I also need to replace all 4 shocks on my car...i think they are worn out, need to get new ones

Anybody suggest a good shock, thats price friendly, but will improve over what I have now? (keeping stock ride heights )

myk

Keep in mind that shocks don't affect ride height, the torsion bars and leaf springs do that.  The shocks merely control how the car handles suspension travel as it reacts to stimuli from the road.  As such, I recommend the Bilstein or Hotchkis set; well worth the cost in price and performance.

As for wheels, I have no experience with either but you listed two different sizes.  Are you trying to decide between the two sizes?  What are your plans for the car?

Stegs

Quote from: myk on May 27, 2015, 11:40:32 AM
Keep in mind that shocks don't affect ride height, the torsion bars and leaf springs do that.  The shocks merely control how the car handles suspension travel as it reacts to stimuli from the road.  As such, I recommend the Bilstein or Hotchkis set; well worth the cost in price and performance.

As for wheels, I have no experience with either but you listed two different sizes.  Are you trying to decide between the two sizes?  What are your plans for the car?

well i like the 17 inch, but they are pricey...just want to know how they compare to quality to the 15" i see on classic industries

as far as shocks i will look into bilsein!

Kern Dog

If you plan to do any cornering, the 17" wheels will allow a much greater selection of performance tires.
15" tire sizes are limited. What is available is NOT that great for spirited driving on curvy roads. You'd have a hard time keeping up with almost any modern car, even KIAs and Corollas.

Dino

Quote from: Stegs on May 28, 2015, 07:16:03 AM
Quote from: myk on May 27, 2015, 11:40:32 AM

well i like the 17 inch, but they are pricey...just want to know how they compare to quality to the 15" i see on classic industries

as far as shocks i will look into bilsein!

17" will give you a better handling ride, but be aware that potholes are easier on the spine when you have a 15" wheel with a nice thick sidewall.  If the roads are half as bad as they are on this side of the state, this may matter to you.  I love my wheels and don't ever plan on going back to a smaller wheel, but it can get bumpy, and my tires do have a nice sidewall.

I have not heard anything bad about the wheels but let's see if others can comment on them.  I do like how they look.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.