News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Diablo Sport, CAI, and Flomaster Exhaust

Started by K9ERV, January 29, 2015, 12:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K9ERV

Tax refund season is here, and this year I am getting a generous return and was thinking of doing a little performance modifications to my 13' Charger and was just wondering if anyone out there is already running the same modifications I am thinking about doing.  I am thinking about adding the Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 programmer along with the Flowmaster Force 2 exhaust kit and the K&N Series 63 air intake system.  All 3 kits claim a gain in horsepower, fuel mileage and/or torque, but naturally, they want to sell product, so there is always that chance of them inflating their claims.  Is anyone running this exact set up or something similar?  If so, can you tell a difference in power and has this caused any problems for your vehicle? (warning lights, performance problems, performance opposite of what the manufacturer claims). Any input would be greatly appreciated. 
2013 Dodge Charger R/T Max AWD - Pitch Black
(Apparently I am unable to upload a picture of my car.)  >:-(

Brian
Asst. Fire Chief
Reserve Police Officer
911 Dispatcher

garner7555

Welcome.
I'm not trying to run you off, but this forum is for the 1974 and older chargers.  Having said that, I think there are a few guys on here who have a new body style charger as well so you may be able to get some advice.   :2thumbs:
Me personally, I say put a 100 shot of nitrous on it!  :yesnod:   :smilielol:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

68 RT

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Lord Warlock

Don't expect a lot of hp out of the changes.  The Diablo tune via trinity or other programmer/tuner will give you between 15-30hp, you can feel the difference in the seat of your pants or butt dyno, but it isn't earth shattering difference.  The Intake will make it louder but won't add much real power, they do look much better than the stock ones do, so it doesn't hurt anything to add one.  The exhaust rarely makes the new hemi's make more power unless you upgrade manifolds for short/long tube headers.  You may want to look over at LX Forums, they should be able to help you out.  I have a 2010 challenger with the 5.7 auto, with a diablo tune, Functional TA hood system and CAI, it makes more power than stock, probably a total of 30hp. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

c00nhunterjoe

Diablo is my 1st choice for a tuner. Went custom on mine, big difference in power. Slp for the exhaust. Check them out on youtube. Cat delete pipe is a must, but custom programmi g to keep the light out.