News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to ensure that the rocks dont chip the paint on the front fender

Started by Toni, April 15, 2015, 01:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toni

Hello.

I wonder that if the tires throw the rocks straight upwards to front fender the paint may chip :shruggy:

Is there any inner fender or what do you suggest?

I did try to fry bitumen sheets but they doesnt stay in their places properly  :brickwall:

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

polywideblock

think he's worried about rocks causing dents/ chips from the inside out on the top of the fender  :scratchchin:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Toni

Quote from: polywideblock on April 16, 2015, 01:56:46 AM
think he's worried about rocks causing dents/ chips from the inside out on the top of the fender  :scratchchin:

Yes that is what try to ask? But that 3m stuff may be good if you can spray thick layer.

Dino

Plenty undercoating should prevent paint from chipping should any rocks be thrown up hard enough.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bill440rt

Quote from: Dino on April 16, 2015, 06:46:58 AM
Plenty undercoating should prevent paint from chipping should any rocks be thrown up hard enough.

:yesnod:
This is why the factory applied thick undercoating to the insides of the fender tops.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Charger-Bodie

Resto Rick undercoating. Bed liner.spayable seam sealer under coated over.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

green69rt

Yeah, I'm going the resto ricks undercoating route with extra coats!!  Don' t want dimples in the tops of my fenders!

six-tee-nine

"rocks" you guys say??

Is there really anyone here that spends alot of time and invests a sh*tload of money into the restoration of one of these cars to then drive them onto a dirt road in Dukes style?

My Charger wont ever see a dirt road and if I accidently end up in one it will be as slow as it will go in first gear @ idle.....

As a side note, the regular small gravel or rocks that you find on normal paved roads wont do alot of harm if you put a normal layer of undercoating in your fenders.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Who has seen rocks chip and dent fenders from the inside out?

Charger-Bodie

I've seen it. Many times on Charger fenders . Old truck fenders ........ Even a small rock that's stuck in the tread and then flings out at just the right time can be almost like shooting it with a small gun.

Around here there is rock everywhere. The shoulder of the roads , driveways........
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Mike DC

Quote"rocks" you guys say??

Is there really anyone here that spends alot of time and invests a sh*tload of money into the restoration of one of these cars to then drive them onto a dirt road?

c00nhunterjoe

I have been known to "Dukes" mine from time to time...lol