News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Shoulder belts in back seat

Started by Lee A, April 01, 2015, 02:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee A

Hi I was wondering if there is a company that makes shoulder seat belts for the back seat I want to take my kids in my 1968 charger and lap belts are not safe enough for he little guys is there an after market set I can get thank you
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

will

I have them in my 68. I think there's a thread on here about them. I think the name is Wesco. Let me look in my archives, I'll see if I can help.

Lee A

Thank you any help you can give would be appreciated I would like to put shoulder belts on so me and the kids can drive it more and they will be safe, they love it when we set off car alarms with the mufflers
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

Mopar4me

I Bought mine from Wesco Perf. too. I got the roadster retrectable set for the rear ones. Then mounted the retractor on the underside of the package tray like some people did in the two threads listed above. I also added some steel plate for extra strength.

rebby

Quote from: Mopar4me on April 03, 2015, 02:52:41 PM
I Bought mine from Wesco Perf. too. I got the roadster retrectable set for the rear ones. Then mounted the retractor on the underside of the package tray like some people did in the two threads listed above. I also added some steel plate for extra strength.

I'm at the point where I need to order these any day now. Was looking at these exact belts -> http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.net/roadster-seat-belt-chrome.html

The open question that I have though is, 24" (adjustable bench), 8" or 11" sleeve? What did you go with and how is the fit?

Thanks!
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

Mopar4me

Quote from: rebby on April 03, 2015, 03:48:06 PM

I'm at the point where I need to order these any day now. Was looking at these exact belts -> http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.net/roadster-seat-belt-chrome.html

The open question that I have though is, 24" (adjustable bench), 8" or 11" sleeve? What did you go with and how is the fit?

Thanks!
For the front seats I bought the 3 point retractable with the 8" long sash guide and the 8" sleeve for the bottom. From what I can tell this is the same kit that XV Motorsports/Engineering sells which is manufactured by a company in Florida. I feel the 8" sleeve is to short for me.  I'm debating over getting the 11" sleeve #402 or the 20" floppy end #409. Also in the back I have the 20" floppy end #414. Other than that I've been very pleased with them.
Brian

oldcarnut

I talked with one of guys from a manufacturer of belts for many of the venders. One them is a Mopar guy and has quite a few.  He is going to put together a fitting set for me and it will also match the fronts I get.  Should know something next week

rebby

Quote from: Mopar4me on April 04, 2015, 08:49:49 PM
Quote from: rebby on April 03, 2015, 03:48:06 PM

Thanks!
For the front seats I bought the 3 point retractable with the 8" long sash guide and the 8" sleeve for the bottom. From what I can tell this is the same kit that XV Motorsports/Engineering sells which is manufactured by a company in Florida. I feel the 8" sleeve is to short for me.  I'm debating over getting the 11" sleeve #402 or the 20" floppy end #409. Also in the back I have the 20" floppy end #414. Other than that I've been very pleased with them.
Brian
Thank you! Placing an order early next week. Information here is GREATLY appreciated.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

Lee A

Yes thank you for the info it was good stuff
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383