News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

IDIDIT Steering Column

Started by charlie45, April 02, 2015, 01:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie45

Hey Guys,

My resto is taking a looong time, but soon my car should be coming from paint and my mechanic will start putting things together...

So in an effort to make sure I get all the parts now, and don't have any regrets down the road I am thinking of different parts and accessories.

Does anyone have experience with the Ididit steering columns? I believe that XV Motorsports used to sell these, so they may be known to you as the XV steering column (but I believe IDIDIT made these...). They definitely look very nice:

http://www.ididitinc.com/universal-steering-columns-1/TiltFS_Univ-5

They are not cheap: Cost around $800! Question is it really worth it? Does it make that much of appearance and feel difference for the interior?? Would appreciate your feedback, especially from those of you that have also done this upgrade. Its really nice that you have an 8-position tilt function with these columns, but I just don't know if that justifies 800 bucks...? Or, save the money and invest elsewhere in the car...

Thanks,

Charlie   

comet_666

Is there an issue with your column or do you want a tilt steering wheel and such?
I would just re do the one you have if it's useable.

:Twocents:

Mike DC

Aftermarket columns are usually adaptations of the GM Saginaw column they ran for decades. 

This is just a personal pet peeve, but I hate the cheap-feeling turn signal / wiper switch levers on those things.  They have that 1980s General Motors "If you want decent plastic parts then go buy a Toyota" feel to them. 

myk

...and don't forget the $800 price tag along with that feeling...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Ghoste

I found a restored 69 column for half that.