News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

King and Queen Daytonas

Started by Redbird, March 03, 2015, 09:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redbird

Nice pictures this month in Hemmings Muscle Machines of Big Willie and Tomiko Robinson and the King and Queen Daytonas. Too bad for the seller of the White car that this article did not come out last December or so.

The pictures show the Queen car with the tilt front end and metal framework ahead of the firewall. Looks like plexiglass side windows also.

One of the pictures of the King car shows the fresh air ducting in the grill area that went to the carbs.

With the pictures presented next to each other you plainly see the "Tomiko and Big Willie" lettering shown on one car and "Big Willie and Tomiko" on the other.

I'd guess Steve Reyes has more pictures of the cars too.

SuperJim

I saw that too. Cool photo's, and good reading.
Jim
Supercar Collectibles, Ltd.
http://www.supercar1.com/index.php

wingcar

Just reviewed the story in Hemmings...great pictures.  He was quite a guy.  I noticed that the side windows lack the vent windows.  It appears as if both windows are light weight type.  I wonder what happened to the one piece tilt front end.
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Daytona Enthusiast

Thanks for the heads up Galen, I finally got my hands on a few copies this weekend,
great stuff!!! It's not surprising Queen got smashed up when your running the car
down the strip with no headlights at night... Hope you Midwest and Eastcoast fans
are out there hunting for Queen!!!

Daytona Enthusiast

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

wingcar

Interesting story.....

So, did I miss something along the way......where does the "yellow" Daytona that was recently restored and sold at auction fit into the picture?   Obviously it's not one of the cars that big Willie or his wife Tomiko raced since both of these cars were destroyed.  Unless it was Tomiko's old race car restored? Or did Willie perhaps own a third Daytona?   :shruggy:

Aero426

Quote from: wingcar on March 16, 2015, 10:47:36 AM
Interesting story.....

So, did I miss something along the way......where does the "yellow" Daytona that was recently restored and sold at auction fit into the picture?   Obviously it's not one of the cars that big Willie or his wife Tomiko raced since both of these cars were destroyed.  Unless it was Tomiko's old race car restored? Or did Willie perhaps own a third Daytona?   :shruggy:

The yellow car is the third of his three Daytonas.     

wingcar

Thanks for the clarification, that would answer my earlier question regarding the side windows.....