News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need help fixing cowl louvers

Started by mopar4don, February 14, 2015, 04:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar4don

I would like to reuse my cowl, but I noticed that the louvers or vents,  are not straight.
When I run my hand across them I can feel waviness.
Does anyone have a good way to straighten these?

b5blue

Bend an S hook off a bungee cord to fit by opening it up some. Fit it inside between the ribs of the vent runner and use a block of wood and a screwdriver to pull up. Go easy and experiment with tension, they will tweak up some and be much better. 

six-tee-nine

I guess your cowl panel is off right now  :icon_smile_big:

Why not lay it on the table upside down and gently hammer the louvres down. Make a piece of wood that fits in the U shaped louvres to tap on.

Then turn around again and see if their straigt. You can always tap them down again.

You'll manage I'm sure you have enough patience to also tackle this kind of work.....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

mopar4don

NHCharger

I bent a piece of metal in an L shape, inserted the short leg under the bent louvers and pulled gently. Didn't take much effort to straighten them out.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel