News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I know its a Charger forum - But - looking for 1970 Challenger

Started by G-man, February 19, 2015, 05:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

Hi guys,

I was not sure where else to ask but I have a friend that is interested in buying a 1970 Dodge Challenger.

He basically wants this:

1970 Challenger
426ci Hemi
Automatic

It does not have to be original, the car itself does not have to have a hemi in it to start with, as long as we can pull the engine out that is in it and replace with a Hemi.

Either way, as long as we get the car to Australia with a Hemi however its done its fine.

He is looking at spending $50,000 US.

I figured a 70 Challenger, no rust, excellent condition can be had for 30-35k US and then throw a 15k Hemi on top and there is the 50k...

Any help out there to source one...

Much appreciated.
George

A383Wing

Challenger340

Quote from: G-man on February 19, 2015, 05:55:43 PM
Hi guys,

I was not sure where else to ask but I have a friend that is interested in buying a 1970 Dodge Challenger.

He basically wants this:

1970 Challenger
426ci Hemi
Automatic

It does not have to be original, the car itself does not have to have a hemi in it to start with, as long as we can pull the engine out that is in it and replace with a Hemi.

Either way, as long as we get the car to Australia with a Hemi however its done its fine.

He is looking at spending $50,000 US.

I figured a 70 Challenger, no rust, excellent condition can be had for 30-35k US and then throw a 15k Hemi on top and there is the 50k...

Any help out there to source one...

Much appreciated.
George

You might find a '70 Challenger in decent shape within the budget ?
But IMO,
I can't see you "acquiring" and properly installing..... any kind of "decent" HEMI Engine swap for the $15K ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

G-man

Dunno...

Indy Cylinder Heads has 528ci Hemis for $16,750. A 426ci Hemi is about 4000 cheaper than that, so around 12-13k. 2K to pull 1 engine out and put that in.... *shrugs* It aint a month of work, just a day or 2. I mean hell, if the challenger is 30,000, even give it 20k for the Hemi installed.

Some people think you can get a Hemi Challenger for 35,000. I dont know, hence im trying to figure it out. I do know some prices my friend gave me of 70,000 US is bogus. So just trying to source some other options out for him.

ACUDANUT

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: G-man on February 19, 2015, 06:26:52 PM

A 426ci Hemi is about 4000 cheaper than that, so around 12-13k.

Where?

Got link to this deal ?  :shruggy:

G-man

Must of been somewhere during my sleep  :smilielol:

My mistake.

Anyway... as per O post. Up to $50,000 USD.

Edelbroke

Here's a Challenger for $9,995. Leaves you 40k to find a hemi. Or 35k for hemi and a 5k cushion for sheet metal repair on the Challenger if it needs any. But the car doesn't look too bad...(Not mine) It's been listed for a few weeks

http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/4876287047.html

472 R/T SE

A word of caution.  Anything that says Hemi this or that is gonna double in price.

Sorry but you won't be installing a 426 into an e body for $12k-$13k

I have an itemized list somewhere but I paid $14,3k for my crate motor back in '06.  I did change out a few things like I wanted dual carbs & the black valve covers.
Those 2 items came as a single carb intake & chrome valve covers already on the motor.

In '06, the new correct valve covers were close to $600.  The total ended up about a touch over $20k.

Ghoste

fy469rtse

Zeeman
Good to see you , what's been happening with your car ?

Lord Warlock

how set is he on the year? there's been an ebody for sale in the local craigslist for a few weeks now, can paste up a link.  
http://ocala.craigslist.org/cto/4864871225.html  at the asking price of 3500, its ripe for rebuilding and putting whatever motor you want in it. and for you charger fans, here is a 3rd gen also listed says its restored, but at 16k seems like a reasonable price for a nice one.
http://daytona.craigslist.org/cto/4847696149.html

I did find this one on search a few minutes ago, its a hemi, but not an ebody, and it isn't cheap either but looks pretty nice for superbee searchers.
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/4839605403.html

Another ebody I knew was out there, seen it for past three weeks or so, been looking for used cars for last six weeks.  Its a 73.  
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/4818342768.html

There is also a 74 dodge dart (looks like a duster to me), as well as a 70 340 swinger that has been converted to a 440 dart.  only dart that ever got my attention was a 70 swinger 340 4spd a neighbor asked me to look over for him since i had a 69 charger, he ended up buying it for 300.00, sold it a few years later when his dad bought him a celica gt.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.