News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Opinion needed, he's asking $20,000

Started by Polygon, February 23, 2015, 12:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Challenger340 on February 24, 2015, 11:59:38 AM
Forgive me for saying so..... NO Offense intended, but IMO, someone, ANYONE... would have to be ABSOLUTELY NUTS...... NOT to pay $29K for Hemihamptons Car versus any other Car.... even this one for the $20K.

Go to Cars online and FIND Hemihamptons 1970 Burnt Orange "survivor" R/T Charger.
ANYTHING you do to that Car at $29K is "Money in the Bank" !

Sorry.... just MY opinion.

I have to agree with Challenger 340, He know's what he is talking about :2thumbs:  LEON.

Daytona R/T SE

There's a little "custom" work going on here. :scratchchin:

1974dodgecharger

hemi-hampton

The back looks like it has the same customization :scratchchin: :shruggy: :slap: LEON.

Ghoste

Just folded under to bypass the worst rust?

moparnation74

Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 24, 2015, 10:48:05 PM
Forgive me for saying so..... NO Offense intended, but IMO, someone, ANYONE... would have to be ABSOLUTELY NUTS...... NOT to pay $29K for Hemihamptons Car versus any other Car.... even this one for the $20K.

Go to Cars online and FIND Hemihamptons 1970 Burnt Orange "survivor" R/T Charger.

Sorry.... just MY opinion.!

I have to agree with Challenger 340, He know's what he is talking about :2thumbs:  LEON.
No Sh#T!  That car is a diamond in need of some minor TLC! 

9k is 9k, I understand.  In a matter of time that blue car will need a repaint/bodywork soon.  Guess what, there is your 9k if not more and it has a small block :shruggy:

ACUDANUT

Again I am wrong. It is a rust bucket hidden under a nice paint job.

TUFCAT

Somewhere here (on page 2), I suggested to offer the seller $12K for this pile ....and then someone thought I was being harsh.

Well, my offer just went down.  

My new offer is $10K.  :'(   ....and the seller should take this offer and run - laughing all the way to the bank.  :yesnod:

bill440rt

I see a project car. Base your price offer on that.
If the body looks that bad in pics, think about what it's like in person.  :eek2:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

polywideblock

just to play devils advocate , say I was looking to own my first charger that I could drive now and restore later

the question is, is it a project car that you could cruise in  all summer long as opposed to the honest one sitting  in the field ( for the price ) :scratchchin:

what's that worth  :shruggy:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

tan top

Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 24, 2015, 10:48:05 PM

Sorry.... just MY opinion.

Agreed  :yesnod: 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

Quote from: polywideblock on February 26, 2015, 12:43:43 AM
   just to play devils advocate , say I was looking to own my first charger that I could drive now and restore later

the question is, is it a project car that you could cruise in  all summer long as opposed to the honest one sitting  in the field ( for the price ) :scratchchin:

what's that worth  :shruggy:

I think the only one who can answer that is the individual.  It's like "should I save up until I can pay cash for a big screen tv or do I love television so much that I'll take a credit card hit and big dollars in interest".

Cncguy

Just make sure the sale goes your way not his. In other words pay what your willing.

TUFCAT

This car has a place in the hobby....but not for $20,000!

For the right price it could be a cheap way to get into the hobby with a running, driving car.  But after a few weeks, months, whatever, etc,  how happy will a person be with his investment dollars after the fun wears off?

When the decision comes that its no longer appealing "as is", it will be time to decide whether to sell (hopefully without losing a lot of money).... or restore?

No offense, but I would never put a lot of restoration dollars into this car (barring sentimental reasons of course) because a person would be much better off putting that money into something else with more appeal.  

Moparpoolman

OP, You need to keep in mind that all the bubbling you can see in the pictures will get much worse over time.  I think the car is overpriced knowing that it will need body and paint in the near future.  I don't think the price could be discounted enough for me to think it was a good deal. My advise would be to look for another Charger in better condition, even if it means spending a little more.  A little more spent now is going to save you thousands later.

Polygon

Again, thanks for all the replies.

Very interesting, the body work near the tires, as pointed out by Daytona R/T SE.

Guess I will pass for now. ........... :pity:
www.lostinspaceforum.com

If you like the old TV show, Lost In Space, check out my page

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: TUFCAT on February 25, 2015, 05:59:27 PM
Somewhere here (on page 2), I suggested to offer the seller $12K for this pile ....and then someone thought I was being harsh.

Well, my offer just went down.  

My new offer is $10K.  :'(   ....and the seller should take this offer and run - laughing all the way to the bank.  :yesnod:

U can ask for it but I promise u it will go for more than 10k u must be out of reality tufcatat what the market is even in this so called downturn.  This car runs that's more than enough for 75 percent of the buyers....rust buckets that don't have a engine that runs or tranny go for 10k still...it's what the market demands right now.....this ain't no Chevy or ford.

TUFCAT

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Polygon on February 26, 2015, 03:23:34 PM
Again, thanks for all the replies.

Very interesting, the body work near the tires, as pointed out by Daytona R/T SE.

Guess I will pass for now. ........... :pity:

It probably has had sheet metal patches welded in not new panels and probably the wheel houses have been repaired also. :Twocents:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

lukedukem

1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

1965gp

Someone will pay close to 20k for that car. May not be the best investment- but someone will pay it.

Shells of 2nd gens go for 6k on eBay- this car obviously needs work but as mentioned it can be enjoyed right away and on an emotional buy like this (when has a purchase of a 68-70 Charger not been an emotional buy in the last 25 yrs?) someone new to the hobby is going to check the oil and see that is clean (and a week old..) and figure they will take their chances.

Mine didn't need this much body work but the interior wasn't that nice either. I don't think 15k is too far out of line for this car. You could probably part it out for 10!