News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Worth Anything?

Started by comet_666, February 09, 2015, 08:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

I have a pair of stock I think 906 casting 70 heads for my 440 I wont be using, as well as a Edelbrock Performer 440 intake. Both need some cleaning up but were on the running motor.
Are they worthless? Should I put them up on Ebay and see what happens?

John_Kunkel

Somebody will want them. I'd advertise them on your local Craigslist first, saves the hassle of boxing and shipping heavy/bulky parts.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

oldschool

I just threw away 3 pairs of them......
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

Stegs

Ill take the performer intake if your going to get rid of it! (as long as its in good shape)

Its gotta be better than my factory intake right?

Dino

Quote from: Stegs on February 11, 2015, 07:44:38 AM
Ill take the performer intake if your going to get rid of it! (as long as its in good shape)

Its gotta be better than my factory intake right?

Depends on the intake.  The performer is pretty much an aluminum version of a stock intake.  It'll be lighter but you probably won't notice a difference in a street car. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ACUDANUT

I bet it's better than stock, and it's 30 pounds lighter.
906 heads are good to go in my book.

oldcarnut

I had several sets of 906's and some others $75ea in the local craigslist and can't get so much as an offer for them.  Good luck with yours.  I think the weight cost of shipping is the big drawback to selling online.

Stegs

not to steal this thread but i read a article from hot rod mag i think

They tested alot of different intakes on a 440, and the performer did have a nice boost in performance over stock

To the OP, if your wanting to get rid of it, send it my way and i will pay the shipping....if your looking to get rid of it!

ACUDANUT

I'll raise you. 20 plus I pay shipping.

BSB67

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 12, 2015, 06:27:55 PM

The Performer regularly sells for more that $100 plus shipping on EBay.  It is not an aluminum version of the stock intake.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Dino

Quote from: BSB67 on February 12, 2015, 10:47:54 PM

The Performer regularly sells for more that $100 plus shipping on EBay.  It is not an aluminum version of the stock intake.

Well great, that's what I've been told all this time..

I do see them on CL from time to time and around $100-$150 seems about right.

myk

Wait a minute fellas, are we talking about the standard Performer intake or the Performer RPM intake?  Two different intakes and from what I've been made to understand on these boards the former is JUNK; worth less than stock...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

BSB67

Quote from: Dino on February 13, 2015, 03:11:51 AM

If you put the Performer next to a factory intake it is quite obvious that these are not even close to being the same.

The Performer is factory-like in its performance capabilities, but is a better design.  People with no data generally say that it offers no performance improvement over stock.  People with data have evidence that the Performer does out perform the factory intake.

It seem like most folks go directly to the RPM for a step-up in performance.  Where as I believe that for mild street applications the Performer might be a better choice. But I have no data of my own to support that.....yet.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Dino

Quote from: BSB67 on February 13, 2015, 06:04:02 AM
Quote from: Dino on February 13, 2015, 03:11:51 AM

If you put the Performer next to a factory intake it is quite obvious that these are not even close to being the same.

The Performer is factory-like in its performance capabilities, but is a better design.  People with no data generally say that it offers no performance improvement over stock.  People with data have evidence that the Performer does out perform the factory intake.

It seem like most folks go directly to the RPM for a step-up in performance.  Where as I believe that for mild street applications the Performer might be a better choice. But I have no data of my own to support that.....yet.

That's good to know.  I have the plain performer on mine but have nothing to compare it to.  I'll have it off this spring to swap the cam so I may shoot it orange.