News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bog

Started by Neal_J, February 09, 2015, 07:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neal_J

Hi Guys:

69 Charger with 2-bbl.  Ok, laugh it up.

I don't drive the car enough in part because of a big bog.  Happens off the line, often kills the engine.  Happens whether warm or cold.  

Finally took action this weekend:

1. Replaced the fuel filter, no effect.

2. Replaced the carb.  Helped significantly, but still a smaller bog remains, at other than wide-open throttle.

Am thinking maybe the fuel sock in the tank is gummed up.    Other ideas?

Thanks much, Neal

BSB67

If the bog is at the initial hit of the pedal, then it is not the filter, pump, line, or sock. 

It is possibly too little initial ignition timing, idle screws too lean, carb squirter not properly adjusted, squirter clogged, other pluggage in the carb (idle or transition circuits), float level too low

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Neal_J

Thanks for the quick reply.  With a new carb just mounted, that would seemingly eliminate carb issues.  With respect to timing, I have a Pertronix unit under in the distributor.  Color me still confused.

XH29N0G

I think you answered my question.  I had a similar issue that ended up being a points ignition issue.  That is not what you have, right?  I also had an issue that came when I swapped in a new carb because it was not specifically set up for my engine and was jetted a little on the lean side.  Working with the accelerator pump helped, but the real issue was in the jets.  I also had a backfire on acceleration.

Good luck
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....