News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door hinge sealant

Started by Voss, February 10, 2015, 03:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voss

Hi,

Finally decided to do something about my hanging doors. Got a set of oversize lower door hinge pins from Jamie at MegaParts. This kit also included the upper pins, bushings and springs. I stripped the paint of the hinges, rhimed the lower hinge holes to the specified size and installed the pins and springs. They are really nice and tight now.

When removing the hinges from the car I noticed the bolts had some kind of sealant or gasket residues on them. I guess it would be wise to have some sealant in there to prevent water from leaking in? I'm not the body work expert for sure so a bit of advice on this would be great.  :cheers:  

beedees

I used 3M strip body caulking, may be kinda hard to find now though. If nothing else, use plumbers putty.

Voss

Quote from: beedees on February 10, 2015, 07:02:40 PM
I used 3M strip body caulking, may be kinda hard to find now though. If nothing else, use plumbers putty.

Thanks for the hint! I did a quick search on google and the 3M strip body caulking is still available. I will give it a try, seems like the right way to go to.

Patronus

I thought they were cut blocks of rubber?  :scratchchin:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE