News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How best to remove roof ?

Started by 73Charger, March 25, 2006, 04:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73Charger

My SE had a vinyl roof at one time in its life, and I was wondering how I should about removing the rivets left in it that go across the back side.  I was thinking of using a grinder. Would I possibly run into the problem of them breaking away from the roof and rattling around between the roof and the inside metal or is there only one piece of metal there?  I just don't want to make it worse.
1973 Charger SE 318 060 over, edel 1405, added elec choke, Mallory CD Ignition, Hdrs, to Dual Ravin Exhaust, Go-Wing
Restoring for cruising. I drive her during the summer.

mopar_madman

Mine was just ground down, never a problem till you want to put the top back on, lol They won't fall out I would just grind down smooth.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

73Charger

OK thanks. I have like a 4" angle grinder I'll use then.
Would it matter if I grind from the top or from the side - as far as not breaking these things? ::)
1973 Charger SE 318 060 over, edel 1405, added elec choke, Mallory CD Ignition, Hdrs, to Dual Ravin Exhaust, Go-Wing
Restoring for cruising. I drive her during the summer.

mopar_madman

you can just grind the top they will grind away easily, just be careful when you get to the surface if you have a aggresive grinding disc not to  hurt the surface.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger