News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lets hear your "i smashed my car doing _______" thread

Started by Stegs, January 27, 2015, 07:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegs

Ok guys, being a younger guy, i was not around during the late 60s thru early 70s

I was talking to a neighbor who is older and we got to talking about my charger....

He started telling me about the time he had a pontiac, and he smashed it up....he went on to tell me about his brother who smashed his car, and so on

So i want to hear your "i smashed ______ and i did it by doing _______"

This should make for some interesting stories!

Must be true stories, no made up stuff

and if this thread is around, mods feel free to merge!

Ill get the popcorn going  :popcrn:

Stegs

nobody ever smash up their car with a good story behind how it happened?  :shruggy:

TUFCAT

Well....if "driving too fast like an idiot and losing control" counts......then I could be in for a few.  :D   None of my actual stories are that great, but the fake explanations were pretty creative.  :yesnod:

Ryan.C

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 27, 2015, 03:27:53 PM
Well....if "driving too fast like an idiot and losing control" counts......then I could be in for a few.  :D   None of my actual stories are that great, but the fake explanations were pretty creative.  :yesnod:

:smilielol:
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

RallyeMike

As much as idiot I was (or am), I have never wrecked a car on the street, which is amazing considering especially how I used to drive "back in the day". Many times I should not have been driving at all  :cheers: . I have been in the passenger seat during more than a few   :icon_smile_blackeye: 

The worst I can think of is that I put a 75 Torino into a ditch while Duke-ing it on dirt road. I got my face powdered by the guy I was chasing and didn't let off even though I could not see 5 feet. We pushed it out and carried on with no damage except maybe to pride. Other than that, I mashed up the front of 64 Impala stock car a little ....and banged up some demo cars, but those don't count. It's inevitable in racing, and the goal in demo derby.

I recognize that I have been pretty fortunate. I've even been able to avoid the close calls where other folks have tried to plow into me.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Lord Warlock

mashed all the bushings in the suspension of mine once, crossing a mall parking lot at night with no lot lights on, hit two curbs at 45mph. Went airborne, smashed to ground, hit second saw stars, back wheels hit nose came down hard.  It peeled the sway bar bracket off the car and mashed all the bushings in front suspension.  cost me 400 to fix in the 70s.  Car survived, still does, can't see any damage now.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

kab69440

Actually, I've never wrecked a car doing stupid stuff. Every accident I've ever had was at or less than the posted limit. My Charger did get its back light and a large portion of casement blown out of the car in late '86 doing something that does not need to be posted on public record. Roll those windows up when you are being pursued...
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Stegs

el dub

I wrecked the whole left side and undercarriage on my 68 in an orchard trying to outrun the CHP, which I did but a couple of sheriffs got me. I skated in the end though.  totaled the car insurance wise but I kept a lot of parts.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Stegs

Quote from: el dub on January 28, 2015, 12:49:19 PM
I wrecked the whole left side and undercarriage on my 68 in an orchard trying to outrun the CHP, which I did but a couple of sheriffs got me. I skated in the end though.  totaled the car insurance wise but I kept a lot of parts.

now that sounds like a story, care to elaborate?

el dub

It always starts out, this ain't no bs. I'm leaving work at MINSY in Vallejo. Two  hard rights out the main gate and I'm at the Remark, a bar. Always went there after work till the traffic died down.  Nice looking waitresses and good snacks. It was also a restaurant. Anyway catch a buzz and take off East out of Vallejo on I 80. Get up over hunter hill and my buddy says he's got to piss. So at the bottom of the hill is Red Top dairy, which is shut down. Figure we can exit an go over there somewhere and take a leak. So I take the exit about  65. Down the exit and up on the on ramp is a CHP who had someone pulled over. I'm realizing my brakes aren't cutting it, no way am I going to be able to stop even if I lock them up so I jumped on it. Went past the CHP about 50 and saw him turn and stare. I decide to take the next exit which was to Cordelia, another way to get to Suisun, where is were we live, Mike anyway, I live just past Suisun on Grizzley Island at Montezuma slough. Getting lost here, anyway outside of Cordelia I lose it in a S turn. There was a car coming into the turn from the other direction so I just shot straight off into the orchard on the left instead of crashing into him. Left side of the car just grazed a telephone pole,then jumped a little ditch. Next I hit a big irriagation pipe sticking up out of the ground. This screwed up bottom left suspension and flattened both left side tires but I didn't know this yet. Then a couple of fruit trees on the left side of the car. Come to a stop in a cloud of dust. Ask Mike, "how you doing man?"  He flew up in the air and hit his head on the overhead. Dizzy still. Didn't help that his ex had clocked him in the temple with a mayo jar two monthes prior. She had him walking in circles for a long time. The doc looked at him at that time and said he had a concussion and pulled his license. That was the reason he was riding with me. Now he is dizzy and I crank it up and get it started. Get back out out on Cordelia road and notice the two flats. I got Mike going and said stick out your thumb we got to get out of here before the cops show up. Here comes a pick up and he is pulling over. A sheriff comes up behind him and with a loudspeaker tells the driver not to pull over, so there he goes. Then they ask who is the driver, me I say. What happed he says. So I tell him that someone cut me off in the turn and I went into the orchard. So they go look at the telephone pole, then tell Mike and I to get in their ride.  I say, "what for?", and they tell me we are going to wait for the CHP. I say, "why are we waiting for them?" Sheriff just says get in. So we wait for some time, now I gotta piss. I tell the sheriff, let me out, I gotta go. He says, "tough shit" I say, "you don't let me out I'm going to pull out my dick and piss in your car." By this time at least an hour or more has passed with us and them sitting in the same car so they let me out. After I'm done I hop back in and wait some more. Finally the CHP shows up. I get out and he comes over to me and pulls out a pencil and tells me to follow it with my eyes. I do and he says OK, see you later. I didn't even get a ticket for running the stop sign at the bottom of the off ramp. the end. no bs. just lucky.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

lukedukem

1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

oldcarnut

Quote from: Stegs on January 27, 2015, 07:46:58 AM
So i want to hear your "i smashed ______ and i did it by doing _______"

I smashed a 71 Charger 500, a vw sand rail, and a Chevy Vega and I did it by T-Boning the Vega at 60mph when it pulled across in front of me while towing the sand rail.  3 vehicles destroyed in one setting.  Vega's steering wheel was about pushed out the window. Me and the girlfriend (now wife) came out ok (16-17yrs old) but I don't know what became of the lady driving the Vega after they carted her off but the last thing she said to me was I'm sorry I didn't see you coming  :rotz:.  She was looking straight at me when she crossed and everything seemed to happen in slow motion.  I had about 2-3 secs to react

keith88

I had a head on with an 18 Wheeler oil tanker in 1989 in a 79 z28 camaro took off the nose up to me in the drivers seat, lost sight in one eye died 3 times and they brought me back spent 2.5 months in the hospital had a bar in my leg for the last 25 years that was just removed to put a new hip in (from the wreck) had open heart surgery to replace a heart valve that got ripped out in the wreck and almost lost both legs,but im still here and kicking. Thank god  :yesnod: :coolgleamA:

P.S. i don't suggest to try this it hurts!
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

Stegs

Quote from: keith88 on January 29, 2015, 02:14:20 PM
I had a head on with an 18 Wheeler oil tanker in 1989 in a 79 z28 camaro took off the nose up to me in the drivers seat, lost sight in one eye died 3 times and they brought me back spent 2.5 months in the hospital had a bar in my leg for the last 25 years that was just removed to put a new hip in (from the wreck) had open heart surgery to replace a heart valve that got ripped out in the wreck and almost lost both legs,but im still here and kicking. Thank god  :yesnod: :coolgleamA:

geeez!!

thanks for the advice!

tan top

good storys Guys  :cheers:  .................. :popcrn:

Quote from: keith88 on January 29, 2015, 02:14:20 PM

:o yikes  !! you were Lucky  ( K88)  :scared:

no wrecks for me  ,
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

keith88

To look at the bright side i sold a 70 charger to get the 79 z because it had frame rot,so it could have been that instead... much rather wreck a car that is not as rear than a charger. Than i bought a 69 camaro with the money i got for the lost of my eye and sold that last year to get the 69 charger that i always wanted in the 1st place. Guess you could say that in an off beat way the 69 charger is my left eye. :cheers:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

TUFCAT

keith88

It was , the oil tanker went in to a dodge car lot (of all places) and took out 25 new and used cars. :smilielol:

TUFCAT

Quote from: keith88 on January 29, 2015, 03:55:38 PM
It was , the oil tanker went in to a dodge car lot (of all places) and took out 25 new and used cars. :smilielol:

...depending on the year you might have done them a favor?  :shruggy:

oldcarnut

Almost adds new meaning to the saying I'd give my left nut for..... :D

Old Moparz

I smashed the hood on my Scamp when opening the overhead door of my garage while the car was up on the lift with the hood open.   ::)

Had to check something under the hood so I set up a step ladder in front of the car, climbed up, opened the hood to check something but never closed it. The next time I opened the garage door the top edge smashed right into the leading edge of the hood. The loud bang & sudden stop of the door scared the hell out of me.  :o

Broke the Plymouth emblem, chipped the paint down to the primer & now there is a small dent.

I'm safer on the roads than I am parked.  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry