News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Edelbrock Torker Holley 750CFM spacer needed?

Started by charger-project.com, January 24, 2015, 03:58:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger-project.com

Hi Guys,

On my 440 I installed the first gen. Edelbrock torker 440 + Holley 750.
The old setup as it was when i bought the car includes an open spacer 1/2 Inch, but when this spacer was installed, my Mopar performance Air-filter touches the hood, so it wont close.
When I take a better look it just looks like the spacer is meant for bigger carburetors to fit on this intake. so i removed the spacer.

Is there any need to install spacers? When I read some articles on the internet some guys are telling this performs quit a bit better and others say it is absolutely needed, but also some say it is just cr*p.
What do you advise me to do because I don't want to destroy my newly painted hood. And I am not sure if the car will run properly without the spacer.

Thanks so far!
1969 charger restoration, total restoration process can be found at www.charger-project.com and foto.charger-project.com/   |   1969 charger SE 440 727

Chargerguy74

WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002