News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why does no one make a quality engine stand???!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Ghoste, November 15, 2014, 06:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

The one that folded on me is red.  Is that at Princess Ron?

BSB67

Quote from: Ghoste on November 18, 2014, 08:46:06 AM
I'll have to look up the brand.  The style is not exactly like the one pictured but very very close.  As I lowered the engine (and it wasn't dropped it was lowered carefully) the bar going to the front wheels just bent in that section right at the upright.  It was rated for 1000lbs but apparently a 440 without carb or accessories weighs more than that. ::)

Glad you didn't drop it!!!

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Ghoste

Yeah me too. ;)     I was expecting someone to ask if I lowered it too quickly.

firefighter3931

Quote from: Ghoste on November 18, 2014, 07:17:28 PM
The one that folded on me is red.  Is that at Princess Ron?

Yes, the 1250lb model is at Princess Auto....AKA Harbor Freight "North"   :lol:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

Ordered this one through Jegs.  It better hold up dammit.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Ghoste on November 23, 2014, 12:56:36 PM

That's a twin to the one I have my six pack gine on. And my all iron hemi before that.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

firefighter3931

Quote from: Ghoste on November 23, 2014, 12:56:36 PM

That'll work fine.....identical to the 2000lb model I have from Princess Auto.  :2thumbs:

Nice that it folds up for easy storage when not in use  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Dmichels

You will find it MUCH more stable then the light duty ones. I have one just like it except my legs do not fold. They are held in with a bolt. I used a light duty one once with a 440 scared the cr@p out of me bounced and swayed.  I still have it but only use it as a backup for 4 bangers. The big wide ones are much more stable held the 440 with ease you will be happy
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

Roctania

Quote from: Mopar Nut on November 16, 2014, 01:24:39 AM
Quote from: Roctania on November 15, 2014, 10:11:14 PM
I made my own using 4" thin wall tubing.
3-4" diameter rotation head with pinch clamp that will stop... or allow just the rotation you need.
Badass stands.
Made only three
they are mine for life.
They would be too expensive to make in the USA, even the steel would be $300 probably, with quality wheels.
Pictures?

at long last

The beauty of the pinch clamp is that it is totally adjustable.  Grips the rotating part just right, and no weakening holes in the inside tube.  No gouging set screw.  

Chargerguy74

Quote from: firefighter3931 on November 16, 2014, 08:30:32 PM
Either of these would do the job. I have both of them and they hold a fully assembled BB Chrysler engine no problem. There are stores in your area ; Windsor or London  ;)

http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/Repair-Equipment/1250-lb-Engine-Stand/4279964.p

http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/Repair-Equipment/2000-lb-Folding-Engine-Stand/4270198.p

I prefer the wide base stands....much more stable when moving around with a loaded engine.  :yesnod:

Ron

I have both of these as well. Great stands.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002