News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Charger grill restoration.

Started by esa712, January 20, 2015, 02:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esa712

Hello everyone,
I'm having hell with the final stages of my restoration. I can't seem to find a way to restore my grill. Is anyone here familiar with restoring the complete grill? I found a couple of guys out here in Miami and they're ridiculously expensive. The part that needs restoration the most would be the inner plastic parts. Any help would greatly be appreciated... :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Shakey

Welcome to the site!   :cheers:

Check around as there have been numerous step-by-step threads that include the paint choices etc.

Best of luck!

RR70

Quote from: esa712 on January 20, 2015, 02:53:04 PM
Hello everyone,
I'm having hell with the final stages of my restoration. I can't seem to find a way to restore my grill. Is anyone here familiar with restoring the complete grill? I found a couple of guys out here in Miami and they're ridiculously expensive. The part that needs restoration the most would be the inner plastic parts. Any help would greatly be appreciated... :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

e-mail sent. Pix of my work if needed.  Thanx    Rod
Just wanted to give Rod a plug. Thanks again! His grille restoration work is top notch. I am more than happy with my 68 grille. Dont hesitate to have him restore your grille or purchase outright. His packing was unbelievable so it arrived flawless. I'll include a pic.

Nickrc3

esa712, I reside in Miami and maybe can help. I repaired my 68' grille which was missing sections, along with badly-cracked/broken mounting tabs.

Send me a PM.